Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs. Tigers, 7/9/21 @ 7:10pm

twinssporto

3 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

I'm not a beer drinker at all, but I remember this too.  Surly has a few offerings that I'll partake in now and then.

My three brothers and I were in a micro brewery in Lacrosse, WI once. Communal drive to get the ailing brother in for his chemo. Anyway, we found this joint and stopped in for a few before heading back to Minnesota. The joint had about 18 different beers on tap. So, challenged by the opportunity, we dived in. I tasted one of the finest beers that has ever crossed my palate. Damned if I remember which one... Not even sure I could find the place again.

July 26th is "Nelson Cruz Boom-saber Bobblehead" night. What are the chances he'll still be on the team at that point? What does marketing do in that situation? Paint over the beard and name it after a different player?

Just now, Dave The Dastardly said:

My three brothers and I were in a micro brewery in Lacrosse, WI once. Communal drive to get the ailing brother in for his chemo. Anyway, we found this joint and stopped in for a few before heading back to Minnesota. The joint had about 18 different beers on tap. So, challenged by the opportunity, we dived in. I tasted one of the finest beers that has ever crossed my palate. Damned if I remember which one... Not even sure I could find the place again.

That only figures, right?

Cool memory with the brothers though.  Well worth the stop!

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Bub's was made in Winona (later by Walters Brewing in Eau Claire). It wasn't horrible. 

Really? I mean the bit about Wisconsin. But we were closer to So Dak than Wisconsin and there was that 18 year old thing out there with the cowboys. Guess I always assumed it was a So Dak invention. Shows you what that stuff can do to your brain.

Just now, Dave The Dastardly said:

Really? I mean the bit about Wisconsin. But we were closer to So Dak than Wisconsin and there was that 18 year old thing out there with the cowboys. Guess I always assumed it was a So Dak invention. Shows you what that stuff can do to your brain.

For all its great beers, Wisconsin produced some real bad ones back in the day as well, especially the cheapies. I went to college in Madison and we'd get a case of something called Wisconsin's Best (knock-off of Milwaukee's Best, which was itself a bottom-shelf beer). We called it Wisconsin's Beast. You could only get this beer at a grocery store called Woodman's, which was sort of like an Aldi type place. It was awful, even for a college kid who'd drink anything as long as it contained alcohol.

1 minute ago, Dave The Dastardly said:

Fond memories of Friday nights in the fall and winter in northern Minnesota.  After the basketball game, we would head out to the woods, where we had stashed a few cases of beer in the snow bank.  Ah, to be young again.

1 minute ago, bighat said:

For all its great beers, Wisconsin produced some real bad ones back in the day as well, especially the cheapies. I went to college in Madison and we'd get a case of something called Wisconsin's Best (knock-off of Milwaukee's Best, which was itself a bottom-shelf beer). We called it Wisconsin's Beast. You could only get this beer at a grocery store called Woodman's, which was sort of like an Aldi type place. It was awful, even for a college kid who'd drink anything as long as it contained alcohol.

must be the equivalent of near-beer.

1 minute ago, bighat said:

Ah man, the Great Value brand of beer. I can only imagine how tasteless that was. 

1 minute ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

Alas, i am a Mountain Dew drinker.

But i am proud to say the sugar version is backon shelves.

I don't drink beer or soda these days. Just coffee, tea, water. Although I will indulge in the occasional kombucha on a wild and crazy weekend night once in a while.

Just now, Brock Beauchamp said:

I cannot wait until Garver is back on the roster, hope he catches enough to give Rortvedt the boot. 

I'm guessing Garver's trade value is pretty darn low also. Same for Cave (who I just learned is now on a rehab assignment). Even the injuries to the 2nd and 3rd tier players have screwed this team.

20 minutes ago, Dave The Dastardly said:

ffe7e3f9908e1163df1900b67945dbcb.jpg

5 minutes ago, bighat said:

I'm guessing Garver's trade value is pretty darn low also. Same for Cave (who I just learned is now on a rehab assignment). Even the injuries to the 2nd and 3rd tier players have screwed this team.

Oh, I don’t necessarily want to see Garver traded, I just don’t want to see Rortvedt play. 

Featured Video