• Create Account

Game Thread: Cleveland @ Minnesota, Sunday 6/27/2021, 1:10 PM CDT

Preface

Game thread intros are usually posted 1 hour before first pitch. But due to forecasted forum conditions, today's game thread intro is a little late. Mind you, just like how it wasn't raining during yesterday's weather delay at Target Field, nothing unusual was happening in the forums today, and I probably could have posted through it. But the forum forecast called for a little spam, plus there was a potentially disrespectful thread comparing Falvey and Levine to Skeeter and Scooter of the Muppet Babies. (Disrespectful to whom, I'll leave it to the reader to decide.) So I decided to wait it out, and fortunately, no postponement should be necessary (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective).

skeeter-and-scooter2.png.dbcb2215a3f86974e4a57feb2f0bd456.png

Each of my two game thread intros thus far have brought results which pleased many Twins fans. The first resulted in a Twins win; the second resulted in Matt Shoemaker's last start as a Twin. (This could be bad news for J.A. Happ?)

Minnesota (32-43, 5th place, 12 GB)

Starting pitcher: J.A. Happ, LHP, 3-3, 6.09 ERA

Lineup:

1. 2B J. Polanco S
2. 3B J. Donaldson R
3. DH N. Cruz R
4. RF T. Larnach L
5. C R. Jeffers R
6. 1B Miguel Sano R
7. LF L. Arraez L
8. CF G. Celestino R
9 SS A. Simmons R

Cleveland (41-32, 2nd place, 2 GB)

Starting pitcher: Sam Hentges, LHP, 1-1, 6.40 ERA

Lineup:

1. DH C. Hernandez S
2. SS Amed Rosario R
3. 3B Jose Ramirez S
4. LF E. Rosario L
5. 1B B. Bradley L
6. CF H. Ramirez R
7. RF Josh Naylor L
8. C Rene Rivera R
9. 2B E. Clement R

2 minutes ago, 70charger said:

I’m only able to access game day now. It doesn’t say who was injured. Anyone want to fill me in?

Outfield collision between Indians 2B and RF, Naylor appeared to have broken his ankle while landing after impact. It looked bad.

Featured Video