• Create Account

Game Thread: Reds v Twins, 6/21 @ 7:10pm CT

2 minutes ago, h2oface said:

Damn Larnach. Another swinging K to kill another rally. Who do you think you are, Sano?

These are part of the growing pains of letting the kids play. It was Kirilloff yesterday. However, watching Happ toss taters up there is not.

I have always wanted pitchers to have to receive a similar pain when they hit a batter. They just get away with murder. Not all HBP of course, but many, I don't care if they didn't mean to do it either. They suffer no consequence. If anything, other players on their team have to suffer for them. They need to suffer too.

2 minutes ago, h2oface said:

I have always wanted pitchers to have to recieve a similar pain when they hit a batter. They just get away with murder. Not all HBP of course, but many, I don't care if they didn't mean to do it either. They suffer no consequence. If anything, other players on their team have to suffer for them. They need to suffer too.

image.jpeg.1fc4bdea4c5a3eae9bc68fe888e6de5f.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Berrios’ pitch counts since the start of May:

95, 104, 103, 84, 106, 101, 99, 99, 103

Fair enough. Glad he’s been stretched out too. 100+ pitches from Happ tonight is crazy. 

14 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Berrios is consistently pulled after 75 pitches. Happ’s allowed to go 100. Why on Earth would Berrios sign an extension here? 

Berrios has been pulled when under 75 pitches a single time since 2018 - that being a game against the Reds in April 2018 where he went 3 innings and gave up 4 runs.

You're probably thinking more about innings rather than pitch count. 

11 minutes ago, Danchat said:

Berrios has been pulled when under 75 pitches a single time since 2018 - that being a game against the Reds in April 2018 where he went 3 innings and gave up 4 runs.

You're probably thinking more about innings rather than pitch count. 

Appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt. I haven’t been paying close attention this year. By the way, this came in the mail today…. 

8D86974F-04DC-4516-9723-2464F85BFF44.jpeg

Just now, Brock Beauchamp said:

As much as I get frustrated with Buxton’s injuries, taking a pitch on the hand is almost an automatic removal and injury for any hitter. 

I understand that completely.  I am beginning to think he will never stay healthy enough to show us what he is capable of.

But you just can't make this stuff up...how injuries find Buxton like a pig to truffles. Its simply bizarre how this guy cannot stay healthy. Getting hit in the hand is not an 'unserious' injury in many cases. Shaking head vigorously....is this really happening?

• Twins Daily Video