• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Texas, 6/18/21 @ 7:05pm

1 minute ago, USAFChief said:

I'm in Minnesota...mlbtv should be blacked out. For some reason it's allowing me to watch the Twins broadcast on the Rangers page.

I think it's a dirty plot to spoil my vacay.

Lucky you. It’s all blacked out thanks to me being in Rangers TV territory. I’ll be moving to the radio because the Uber is here to take my drunk ass home. 

17 minutes ago, ashbury said:

Save that'un for August 20.

That National Lemon Day thing should be swell, but my money is on National Unicorn Day being way bigger if they can hang on to that Game of Thrones girl as their spokesmodel.

cats.jpg?w=620

Bremer apologizes for getting JOB's pitch count wrong as the 5th inning winds down:  "I said it was 99, but I see now it's only 89".

2 minutes ago, Danchat said:

When a 'bad' Berrios start is 5 innings, 3 runs... OK, that's not that bad. Not close to as bad as a Shoemaker/Dobnak/Happ bad start.

That's supposed to be "DFA Berrios now!!!1!"  Your hawt taek fu is weak, grasshopper.

2 minutes ago, Danchat said:

When a 'bad' Berrios start is 5 innings, 3 runs... OK, that's not that bad. Not close to as bad as a Shoemaker/Dobnak/Happ bad start.

The problem with the perception of Berrios' start tonight vs the present reality of it is that he worked very hard for two innings to convince everyone he wouldn't finish the third.

20 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

I'm in Minnesota...mlbtv should be blacked out. For some reason it's allowing me to watch the Twins broadcast on the Rangers page.

I also kinda figured i was within a black out area, but now you mention it, i checked and am getting video instead of just listening to the radio version.

So hopefully i can help bear your pain and suffering a little.

23 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

I’m risking setting this up on a tee… The pain of playing with a pony tail, or letting the hair flow?

Flow. You have no idea how much that gets in the way and is a huge distraction. Let it flow when out and about ... in your convertible, motorcycle ... but playing sports? Ugh ... not only does it get in the way, but having it all out there, easy for it to get snagged on an opponent, too. I have long hair ... well, it's shorter now, shoulder length ... but I've had long hair that goes halfway down my back and have played with it flowing and ponytailed. Also ... letting it flow ... after sports ... tangles and mess. As I said, pita.

23 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

It was the best we could do on short notice when we weren't able to hit you with Operation Cicada Plague.

Hope the offense can score another run or two. It's 2021 and the final score ain't gonna be 4-3.

Another solid Berrios effort, like clockwork. Really impressed with him this year. I bet other GMs are too.

15 minutes ago, Lord Zakuza said:

Flow. You have no idea how much that gets in the way and is a huge distraction. Let it flow when out and about ... in your convertible, motorcycle ... but playing sports? Ugh ... not only does it get in the way, but having it all out there, easy for it to get snagged on an opponent, too. I have long hair ... well, it's shorter now, shoulder length ... but I've had long hair that goes halfway down my back and have played with it flowing and ponytailed. Also ... letting it flow ... after sports ... tangles and mess. As I said, pita.

We trust that you wore it up and inside your helmet for roller derby...

PH-102209996.jpg

Was the penalty on you or #10, btw?

11 minutes ago, Lord Zakuza said:

I dream of having flowing locks like Thor, but wasn’t blessed with volume in my hair. I grew it out in college and learned very quickly that my hair is thin and straight.