• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Texas, 6/18/21 @ 7:05pm

Berrios is the best we have. The 2 runs in the first could be all he gives up all game. I'll take him long term, for sure. Maeda was a 2 month streak. Berrios is better than Radke, who used to give up so many runs in the first inning, and people still fawn over him.

Hoping somebody is up for a save opportunity in the 9th tonight.  At the end of the 8th Berrios should be hitting his pitch count limit, assuming it's 220.  Or 221.  Whatever it takes.

mqdefault.jpg

4 minutes ago, h2oface said:

Berrios is the best we have. The 2 runs in the first could be all he gives up all game. I'll take him long term, for sure. Maeda was a 2 month streak. Berrios is better than Radke, who used to give up so many runs in the first inning, and people still fawn over him.

Yeah Berrios strikes me as a “gotta get to ‘em early” pitcher. Second time through and he will have a better feel for the batters that night. 

Tuned in for a brief half-inning (it's been a while) and watched the heart of the Twins order strike out 3 times against M. Foltenewicz. Impossible to get any enjoyment out of watching this team, even if they're winning.

Here's hoping some slap hitters like Rod Carew make a comeback into this game. Thank golly for Astudillo, at least the guy puts the ball in play.

50 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

What a shame the Rangers pitcher has his hair in a ponytail tonight. Let it flow! 

Do you know what a pain that is while playing sports?

5 minutes ago, Lord Zakuza said:

Do you know what a pain that is while playing sports?

I’m risking setting this up on a tee… The pain of playing with a pony tail, or letting the hair flow?