• Create Account

Game Thread Twins @ Mariners 9:10pm cdt 6/16/2021 ad

Ober confuses me. TREMENDOUS numbers and peripherals for his career but injuries hold him back. He misses ALL of 2020 in regard to the secondary site and the instructional league but works hard on his own to find and refine a delivery that maximizes his delivery and prevents injury and soreness the next day. 

Suddenly he's in the 90's with control and movement on his stuff and looks like the best young pitcher we've seen in a couple years. I know it's SSS, but I haven't seen anything yet to tell me this kid isn't an actual ML SP option. 

I honestly think this kid may be a keeper.

But other than protecting his arm for the duration of the season, he should have pitched another inning, even with a day off tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Danchat said:

People like to say Rocco uses a spreadsheet as gospel, but I can assure you there's no analytics that suggest your starter should be pulled this early in a 7 run game with a historically bad bullpen. It's been a really bizarre season management-wise.

They should institute "Anti-Rocco". What ever Rocco decides he wants to do, do the opposite.

Just now, mnfireman said:

Astudillo walks twice, so he HAS hit into a first pitch DP on this AB. Hope the offense doesn't go into "preserve/prevent" mode.

gotta stay aggressive with Colome warming in the bullpen

Protecting Ober's arm, which I kinda get. But only to a degree. I would have given him one more. But protecting his arm and a chance for Thielbar to get back in a groove with a day off tomorrow? I get it.

1 minute ago, insagt1 said:

what an incredibly strange season this has been. And the injuries keep piling up.

Which conversation do you believe best describes a player and his injury.

Player; " I feel a lot better. skip.  I'm ready to go.

Twins; "Great, but we're wanting to do some roster shuffling.  So as far as anyone is concerned, you're still hurting. Got it?"

1 minute ago, insagt1 said:

Wonder why they are using Rogers in a blowout game like this?

Because this year, there's no such thing as a blowout game in the Twins favor.

2 minutes ago, AceWrigley said:

I think I tweaked my thumb flipping a Boston Lager bottle cap.

Oh man, think you'll be back by the all-star break, or is this a Labor Day target date?

2 hours ago, lecroy24fan said:

Innings limit. None last year and 78 2/3 is his highest in MiLB. I don't like him being pulled but not going to lose sleep over it.

So if we stupidly yank him after after 4 innings three more times we can get one more 4 inning start in August/September? Dumb.