• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs. Yankees, 6/10/21 @ 7:10pm

2 minutes ago, SanoMustGo said:

Happ is not fooling anyone...except maybe himself

I dunno. A couple of guys in the front office he's been fooling for a while.

5 minutes ago, Randy Griffith said:

Round 2 (California Here I Come Edition)

Dan Ford

Larry Hisle

Rod Carew

Lyman Bostock

Kenny Landreax

Disco # 15

Hisle #9

Rodney #29, of course

Bostock # 10

Landreaux I dunno; 31 game hit streak

1 minute ago, Longdistancetwins said:

Disco # 15

Hisle #9

Rodney #29, of course

Bostock # 10

Landreaux I dunno; 31 game hit streak

Very nice.  I remember checking the AL hitting leaders at the time, and it was great to see Carew, Bostock, and Landreax at the top of the leaderboard.  Those guys were like Picasso with a paintbrush!

7 minutes ago, Randy Griffith said:

Round 2 (California Here I Come Edition)

Dan Ford

Larry Hisle

Rod Carew

Lyman Bostock

Kenny Landreax

Lyman Bostock was shot to death near Chicago when Angels played White Sox.   I was surprised Griffith let him go.   He was one of my favorite players when he was with Twins. 

Just now, Irishman said:

Lyman Bostock was shot to death near Chicago when Angels played White Sox.   I was surprised Griffith let him go.   He was one of my favorite players when he was with Twins. 

Yes, a very sad day indeed.  I think it was a case of mistaken identity.  Lots of California Angel players died tragically.  Donnie Moore (1995) and a young pitcher with a last name beginning with an 'A' come to mind.

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

Griffith lucked out when Harmon wanted to play at least one more year.  Other wise, Griffith was ready to let him go.

Just now, SanoMustGo said:

Happ bailed out there.  It didn't look too serious with Kiriloff.  Knowing Rocco, he'll miss a month.

How did Kirilloff get injured?   Still too many players got hurt.  Amazing!   

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Griffith would let anybody over salary.  And I think Lyman had Scott Boras or someone similar as an agent.  

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

How did Kirilloff get injured?   Still too many players got hurt.  Amazing!   

He jumped for a ball after it bounced off the wall and landed on his ankle funny. 

Pitchers getting injured is one thing... position players being clumsy / fragile is another.

2 minutes ago, Rigby said:

Absolutely broke my heart when Calvin gave Rod away, but losing Lyman was also a crushing blow.

I think it would be a devastating blow if the Twins trade Byron Buxton to the Yankees.  They better not trade him!  

Kirriloff:  Rocco, I'm ok.  Let me just go out there and play.

Rocco:  No, no.  We got plenty of outfielders, I think.   Take it easy.  We're gonna need you.  But not probably til the stretch run in September.

Kirilloff:  Are you kidding me?  We suck.  We need to at least try.

Rocco:  Dammitt, K, you're hurt.  If I say you're hurt, then you're hurt.  Wanna try for 30 days?, 60 days? on the IR. Now look like you're hurt and ready to cry.  Dammitt, I'm running this ciorcus.I mean, club.