Jump to content
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs Evil Empire June 9, 2021 7:10 CDT In A Galaxy Way Too Close To Home


I was about to say Dobnak set up nicely for Stanton's 2nd Homer with an easy & quick 5 pitch walk to Torres when that actually happened. I was almost speechless. Dobnak is not a major league pitcher period. There is no question about that. Why on earth the FO gave this unproven guy millions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

I’m trying to see the stats for Dobnak’s ‘revamped’ slider that sparked the extension... I’m not a Baseball Savant savant, and would appreciate someone that is to satisfy my curiosity. 

That revamped slider tamed a couple of those dingers keeping them in the city limits. Otherwise they may have killed a few people in Duluth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The good news is that Dobnak still has 3 options remaining, so stashing him in the minors will be an option for quite awhile. 

And now for Jax to serve up more batting practice, before getting sent down to AAA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rigby said:

That revamped slider tamed a couple of those dingers keeping them in the city limits. Otherwise they may have killed a few people in Duluth.

Are there still people living in Duluth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Danchat said:

The good news is that Dobnak still has 3 options remaining, so stashing him in the minors will be an option for quite awhile. 

And now for Jax to serve up more batting practice, before getting sent down to AAA.

There is only ONE option for Dobnak in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously, what do you do with a guy who is this bad when you have so many years left? I mean, I know what an actual winning club would do, but what will the twins do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

I’m trying to see the stats for Dobnak’s ‘revamped’ slider that sparked the extension... I’m not a Baseball Savant savant, and would appreciate someone that is to satisfy my curiosity. 

Dobby's WAR 2019: 0.6      FIP 2019 2.9

                        2020: 0.3        2020: 3.96

                        2021: -0.5       2021: 4.65

Apparently the new slider is not helping much.....................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AceWrigley said:

Are there still people living in Duluth?

There will be a welfare check after the Yankees leave town....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SanoMustGo said:

There is only ONE option for Dobnak in my opinion.

 

3 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

Seriously, what do you do with a guy who is this bad when you have so many years left? I mean, I know what an actual winning club would do, but what will the twins do?

What you do is wait until Wes Johnson and the rest of the organization figure out how to magically improve pitchers again like in 2018 and 2019. If that doesn't happen, well, burning $8M on Dobnak is going to be a small issue compared to the complete inability to field a MLB-caliber pitching staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

You know anger and apathy is kicking in when there isn’t one Sano! post after his HR several minutes ago. 

Yup, not even a grumble about 'garbage time'.  Since somebody already brought up MP & the Holy Grail... "Oh, what sad times are these..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

Truly awful. I'm really doubting they know anything about pitching. 

Or sample size... 15 starts/70 innings seems a bit on the low side as far as justifications for $9M deals go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dick straying farther into self-parody as a throw pinballs around the backstop:  "Celestino showing off his arm strength, if not his accuracy".

AmpleHugeAbalone-size_restricted.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...