• Create Account

Pee or get off the pot.

Ok..you averted total disaster after losing the Os series and dropping a 14-5 mess to the Royals by salvaging a split in that series. Now 6 at home starting with 3 with a slumping team from New York that has their own problems. So are you going to let those Yankee uniforms scare you to death again or are you going to actually win a series and maybe even win the entire home stand? Just asking.

I have seen it happen many times that the Vikings would lose to a team in the playoffs, then trounce that team in the regular season in the following year.

At the absolute very least the Twins should adopt this, but we have seen this before a few times and none of us are expecting anything but losses for the Twins.  Some of these losses will be assuredly bizarre.

9 minutes ago, Dodecahedron said:

I have seen it happen many times that the Vikings would lose to a team in the playoffs, then trounce that team in the regular season in the following year.

I like to call this the Meaningless Revenge Corollary.  In the Twins v Yankees case, that would qualify as an improvement though.

4 minutes ago, spycake said:

You mean Mariano Rivera probably doesn't lie awake regretting the Jason Kubel grand slam game? :)

Ha!

I'm guessing that the only thing keeping Rivera awake is the light gleaming off of all of those WS rings...

10 minutes ago, spycake said:

You mean Mariano Rivera probably doesn't lie awake regretting the Jason Kubel grand slam game? :)

I actually remember an interview he gave after that. He said he made a good pitch and Kubel got it ... he didn't regret it. He said that will happen. But he did regret the walks he gave up prior to that (were there 2 in that inning?). He said that those are what he regretted.

Here's the quote: 'Still, Rivera argued, he should not have walked Thome. That disappointed Rivera more than Kubel's homer. "I didn't do my job," Rivera said. "To me, walking in the run (was worse). You've got control of that. Home run - anything can happen. But walking in the run is unacceptable. You can't go in there and do that."'

8 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I actually remember an interview he gave after that. He said he made a good pitch and Kubel got it ... he didn't regret it. He said that will happen. But he did regret the walks he gave up prior to that (were there 2 in that inning?). He said that those are what he regretted.

I like this.  Sometimes you just have to tip your cap.

I can't (well maybe I can ) believe that 2 errors opened the gates for the Yankees and it seems that in some games Baldelli keeps running pitchers out there until he finally finds one that fails. Every game from now on, this team is hanging on the precipice and on the verge of falling off. Tonight is must win. Where is Pedro Ramos?