Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Royals, Friday 6/4/2023, 7:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, jandersh said:

Wow, this might be the worst start for a pitcher that I've seen in a long time. That's partly due to the fact that the Twins left Shoemaker in the game so long, most guys would have been pulled much sooner.

Rocco forgot the rule.  He thought a pitcher had to stay in for at least three innings, not batters

Counting tonight, the Twins will have gone 2-6 against the Orioles and Royals over the last stretch. I'll be curious to see if this prompts the Organization to open up the bidding for Cruz, Simmons, Pineda, and Robles. Selling this early in the year could potentially improve the returns.

2 minutes ago, jandersh said:

Counting tonight, the Twins will have gone 2-6 against the Orioles and Royals over the last stretch. I'll be curious to see if this prompts the Organization to open up the bidding for Cruz, Simmons, Pineda, and Robles. Selling this early in the year could potentially improve the returns.

I don't want anyone from our FO even close to any of the players.

2 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Baldelli needs to turn in his stylus and pad.  Rent a car and drive home.  He's pathetic at his decision making.

You expect him to have a reliever warm at the start of the game? Did he make the decision to bring in all these rent-a-pitchers?

3 minutes ago, jandersh said:

Don't forget Berrios!

1 minute ago, Matthew Lenz said:

You expect him to have a reliever warm at the start of the game? Did he make the decision to bring in all these rent-a-pitchers?

I'm talking about a much bigger sample size, than tonight's game.  And no, I don't expect him to have a reliever ready at the start of the game.  But mayber 1/2 an hour later and 6 runs on the board, I do.

Just now, Matthew Lenz said:

Don't forget Berrios!

Since Berrios, Buxton, Rogers, and Duffey all still have a year of team control I'd guess the Twins will take their time making any decisions on moving them. It will be interesting to see if the Twins do a small sell-off of expiring contract guys or if they do a major makeover of the roster.

Featured Video