Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: Minnesota Twins at Kansas City Royals, 6/3/2021, 7:10 PM CDT

Our favorite team is loosing it's chance for a winning season. Only five team's have a worst record then the Twins. I don't know who's fault it is.

I shouldn't of let this phase me but there performance effects my attitude. May be I should lay down for awhile.

Tonight we play the Royals. Our reliever Luke Farrell formally pitched for them. He also pitched in AAA this year in St. Paul, the capitol of Minnesota.

Expected whether at gametime: 81F with a 50F dewpoint, mostly cloudy, winds N at 2 mph.

Starting pitchers: LHP J. A. Happ (3-2, 5.24) vs. LHP Kris Bubic (1-0, 1.52)

Out of touch for three days, at least as far as paying attention to the Twins, was hoping when I got back to find the Twinksters starting to play well. Disappointed. Grievously disappointed, to turn a phrase from a Few Good Men, which seems to be all that we have left on the roster.

I'm considering changing my handle to Dave the Dejected. Or maybe Dave the Discombobulated.

5 hours ago, Hosken Bombo Disco said:

Correction: Luke Farrelly, the unfunny third brother of the comedy writing duo

Reminds me of a bit of trivia. The three Alou brothers who played in the majors had two other brothers who didn't make it in baseball: Skiptoom and Boog.

I've got noplace to put this, so here it goes.

Gilberto Celestino throws left handed, but bats righty. Unless I did my search incorrectly, for this combination the major league career leader in HR is Rickey Henderson with 297.

Second and third are Ryan Ludwick and Cody Ross at 154 and 132 respectively.

So yes, it's a rare combination of attributes.  And not overly illustrious, with the exception of one Hall of Famer.  Here's hoping Gilberto's career approaches some records.

6 hours ago, USAFChief said:

I count 21 mistakes.

20 various spelling and grammatical errors, and

the Twins choice of starting pitcher. 

In Nine's defense, the starting pitcher choice was not Nine's mistake to make.  

Though, I will obliterate him for simply conveying said information.  That seems like fair game.

On a related note, I'd like to thank him for reminding me that I need to stop to get more Scotch.

12 minutes ago, Hosken Bombo Disco said:

“of” is the longer, more formal version of “-a”

example:

Twins should of won last night

Twins shoulda won last night 

/s this ends your terrible grammar lesson 

made me smile though! thank you. After the disaster of a falling and exploding full bottle of balsamic, scattering glass and sticky stuff across three rooms (and onto my acoustic guitar), I needed a smile....

32 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

made me smile though! thank you. After the disaster of a falling and exploding full bottle of balsamic, scattering glass and sticky stuff across three rooms (and onto my acoustic guitar), I needed a smile....

Didn’t know how the joke would land — thanks!

Sorry about the guitar and cleanup.

25 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

Pretty sure that's the most action the guitar has seen in months....so, ya, so much for growing as a musician during the pandemic....

Hopefully it didn't get hit too badly. My guitars are in a similar dusty state, just sans the balsamic.

1 hour ago, Hosken Bombo Disco said:

“of” is the longer, more formal version of “-a”

example:

Twins should of won last night

Twins shoulda won last night 

/s this ends your terrible grammar lesson 

tar -zxvf this_thread.tar.gz this_thread

5 minutes ago, lecroy24fan said:

It's raining in KC!!!!

Is it bad that I was hoping that you were talking about actual rain? 

Here's to hoping that isn't the only run they produce!

1 hour ago, whosafraidofluigirussolo said:

Simmons not in the lineup today. Is he banged up too? Hard to see why he would be sitting against a lefty pitcher with Gordon (lefty hitter and inferior defender) in the lineup otherwise.

Rocco's magic at work.

4 hours ago, ashbury said:

I've got noplace to put this, so here it goes.

Gilberto Celestino throws left handed, but bats righty. Unless I did my search incorrectly, for this combination the major league career leader in HR is Rickey Henderson with 297.

Second and third are Ryan Ludwick and Cody Ross at 154 and 132 respectively.

So yes, it's a rare combination of attributes.  And not overly illustrious, with the exception of one Hall of Famer.  Here's hoping Gilberto's career approaches some records.

Here are other Hall Of Famers who batted right and threw left.

Carl Hubbell, Randy Johnson, Sandy Koufax, Eppa Rixey, and Rube Waddell. I'm pretty certain Rickey is the only R/L position player in the hall.

7 minutes ago, AceWrigley said:

So far, after half an inning, Happ's line is perfect.

Sure didn't stay that way once he started throwing, did it?

Featured Video