• Create Account

Early this morning, Mitch Garver sent an update on his condition via his Instagram page. 

The summary... He was taken to the ER.  Had an ultrasound. Imaging showed surgery was needed. He had surgery. Is now recovering. 

Obviously first and foremost, we want to wish him well... Send him your well-wishes. 

On the less-important baseball side of this... he's probably going to be out a while. Rocco said as much last night. I would assume that Ryan Jeffers is on his way to Baltimore. 

1 hour ago, heresthething said:

That was brutal.  Can't say I'm a fan of the new positioning they do, seems it leaves them more open to foul tips off of the top of their legs.   That foul tip can find a catcher in the swim suit area regardless but just looks like they are way more exposed than the traditional crouch.

I had the same feeling over the positioning.  You are a sitting duck. At least in the more traditional way, you have some protection unless the ball comes up off the dirt! 

14 minutes ago, roger said:

Expect he had the surgery at Johns Hopkins?  Couldn't find a better away city to have to go get surgery as JH is about the best there is.  Maybe there and Cleveland at the Cleveland Clinic.

Mayo is no slouch.  They re-attached my mom's leg severed at the mid-thigh, in the 1950s.  She always claimed this was the first time this was done successfully.  

1 hour ago, Dodecahedron said:

Mayo is no slouch.  They re-attached my mom's leg severed at the mid-thigh, in the 1950s.  She always claimed this was the first time this was done successfully.  

Totally agree.  My point was that if you are going to a hospital in a big league city, JH and Cleveland Clinic are the best of the best.  Mayo is in Rochester and wouldn't be where they take someone injured during a game.  With that said, I don't know where Garver went for the surgery.

I am waiting for the Twins lineup to be posted before i post the game thread intro. The underlying idea came from making light of how bad our injury situation is. And while i don't think i'm egregious, it might not be in the best taste. Wonder how fast i can come up with a better one...

Anyway, i apologize in advance if i end up using it anyway, and folk are sad.