Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs Orioles 12:10pm cdt 5/26/2021 ad


11 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

If Hawkins keeps saying "Jesus" during his broadcasts, I don't think he'll have a future in the booth.  He's now 2 for 2 during the last 2 games.  It's not a big deal to me, but to those in this PC world, it's a big deal.

Agreed. The Twins' have a pretty conservative fanbase overall, and that won't sit well with Grandma and Grandpa Gustafson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

Of course!  Why wouldn't you?

Does this new site have a sarcasm font?!

I don't know...

 

That's how come i asked.

 

(if they get a sarcasm font, i want an innocuous font too)

 

I liked that 2 walk inning though, all said and done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

It’s so promising that Polanco is still putting that kind of barrel on the ball with his ankle effed up again. 

Amen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

I don't know...

 

That's how come i asked.

 

(if they get a sarcasm font, i want an innocuous font too)

Perhaps we should talk to management.  These things are important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it discouraging that when young players come up to the majors, they already are having a shift thrown at them.  I would hope young hitters would learn to hit to all fields and go with the pitch, while in the minors.  I guess it's the same with pitchers, who don't have an array of pitchers or who can't pitch more than an inning or two.  The minors really have seemed to regress when it comes to teaching the basics.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

Perhaps we should talk to management.  These things are important.

 

Meh, I bet there already is a sarcasm font.

Just no one knows that's what it is.

 

And i'm bad at choosing formatting or font. One more thing to think about.

 

Someday, maybe i'll even use emoji.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

Just one, but it takes 2 days, because first they have to compose 100 couplets reflecting on the deeper meaning of light and dark.

a hundred couplets?

easy. the real challange is...

couple hundredlets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

I find it discouraging that when young players come up to the majors, they already are having a shift thrown at them.  I would hope young hitters would learn to hit to all fields and go with the pitch, while in the minors.  I guess it's the same with pitchers, who don't have an array of pitchers or who can't pitch more than an inning or two.  The minors really have seemed to regress when it comes to teaching the basics.  

Kids in the minors learn the basics, there's more to it than just not being able to spray balls. First, most players will show better results attempting to pull the ball more often. It has a cascading effect of fewer groundballs right to short and other automatic outs. Second, VELOCITY. There's little you can do to prepare players to face 98mph guys, who are so bloody common in today's game... and "deciding" which way to take the ball when guys are hammering the zone with 98mph fastballs is a skillset most players simply do not have because it's really freakin' hard.

I'm all in favor of just banning the shift because I don't see why it should exist. It's not fun to watch, it doesn't add to the experience. And then consider moving/changing the mound to reduce the massive advantage pitchers have in the game right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

I find it discouraging that when young players come up to the majors, they already are having a shift thrown at them.  I would hope young hitters would learn to hit to all fields and go with the pitch, while in the minors.  I guess it's the same with pitchers, who don't have an array of pitchers or who can't pitch more than an inning or two.  The minors really have seemed to regress when it comes to teaching the basics.  

It's just the way the game has changed.  You see it once in awhile, but pretty rare to see any hitter change his approach, even when staring at an extreme shift.  The same goes with hitting with 2 strikes.  I grew up playing you choked up on a 2-strike count and made sure you made contact.  Now you seem the same swings on 0-2 as you do on 2-0.  

 

With league wide batting averages going down and strikeouts still on the rise you have to assume that we are do for change in philosophy once again.  But who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SwainZag said:

It's just the way the game has changed.  You see it once in awhile, but pretty rare to see any hitter change his approach, even when staring at an extreme shift.  The same goes with hitting with 2 strikes.  I grew up playing you choked up on a 2-strike count and made sure you made contact.  Now you seem the same swings on 0-2 as you do on 2-0.  

 

With league wide batting averages going down and strikeouts still on the rise you have to assume that we are do for change in philosophy once again.  But who knows.

One would certainly hope so.  Though, the change in philosophy to beat the shift was to hit it over the shift.  Not the change in philosophy I was hoping for.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I'm all in favor of just banning the shift because I don't see why it should exist. It's not fun to watch, it doesn't add to the experience. And then consider moving/changing the mound to reduce the massive advantage pitchers have in the game right now.

I'm in favor of banning the strikeout.  It's not fun to watch, it doesn't add to the experience.  And then consider starting every inning with the bases full to reduce the advantage pitchers have in the game right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting shut out by the worst pitcher on the worst team in baseball is a sign that the Twins' problems aren't over. They need sweeps, and today's game provides them with the best chance they'll have all year for one. Pretty sad display so far from the offense, and not for the first time.

The Royals aren't the Orioles and it's not even close, BTW. They're a better team than the Twins and it would take a real good argument for a reasonable person to be convinced otherwise.

Hope Nelson Cruz has at least one more hot streak in him before the trade deadline. At this rate the Twins aren't going to get much for him - he looks very much his age right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

Featured Video

×
×
  • Create New...