Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD 5/21/2021: Twins @ Cleveland, 6:10 CDT

Even if the Twins are struggling, I still feel like this lineup is among the most exciting in baseball. Trevor Larnach and Alex Kirilloff are both very promising prospects with a lot of pop. Garver and Sano are starting to show their 2019 swings again. Simmons is a wizard at shortstop. Josh Donaldson is still a star of this league. We watched through the 2011-2014 seasons, right? The problem this year has been the lack of "clutch" moments so far. During the Metrodome era, my favorite player was Jason Kubel. Why, may you ask? It is because he seemed to perform when he was absolutely needed. The grand-slam cycle game, 2009 Game 163, the list goes on...... Jorge Polanco had the walkoff hit a couple nights ago, but he's not in the lineup.

Baseball is my favorite sport because you can accurately tell how individual players are performing. For example, Josh Willingham was a Silver Slugger on an awful team. However, on the Vikings, it was hard to tell how well Harrison Smith was playing on a train-wreck defense. No matter how bad your favorite baseball team is, there is usually something to cheer for. A season is never truly lost. A legend climbing the all-time lists, a young guy reaching his potential, a pitcher with a lights-out fastball..... I sure hope that's not all I have to root for this year. The season is still very young.

Lineups

Luis Arraez 2B

Josh Donaldson 3B

Maximilian Kepler DH

Alex Kirilloff RF

Miguel Sano 1B

Trevor Larnach LF

Mitch Garver C

Rob Refsnyder CF

Andrelton Simmons SS

P: Randy Dobnak

Cesar Hernandez 2B
Eddie Rosario OF
Jose Ramirez 3B
Franmil Reyes DH
Josh Naylor OF
Jordan Luplow OF
Jake Bauers 1B
Eddie Rosario SS
Austin Hedges C
P: Triston McKenzie

Let's play ball!

18 minutes ago, Mauerpower said:

Never thought I’d see an outfield consisting entirely of rookies!

And not a Rooker in sight...

Though i wasn't paying attention, did he exhaust his status during shortened playing last summer?

15 minutes ago, Danchat said:

Today marks the first day of having Kirilloff and Larnach in the outfield together

Looks like you'll have to wait a day...

22 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

Likewise the all rookie outfield.

Cruz scratch means Kepler is batting and Kepler in means Kirilloff is DH according to the announcing.

I think the team is trying to spare Kepler as much as they can. He's not 100% right now by any means. 

Just now, Brock Beauchamp said:

BTW, I was at the game Refsnyder made his Twins debut and had absolutely no idea he’s Asian until like 2-3 days ago.

Didn’t see that coming based on the name. 

Same, except for me it was 7 minutes ago when I looked up his BBref profile.

2 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

BTW, I was at the game Refsnyder made his Twins debut and had absolutely no idea he’s Asian until like 2-3 days ago.

Didn’t see that coming based on the name. 

I guess you never looked at him before?

Arraez can't play the outfield, and there you have it in the infield (and of course there is the infamous game against Oakland). And for those thinking he will ever hit .400? Dreamers.

Featured Video