• Create Account

GAME THREAD 5/16/21: Twins vs. A's: 1:10 CDT

Turning it off.

Rortvedt doesn't belong in the bigs, Andrus played him like a fiddle.

Another embarrassing effort by the Twins on all sides: pitching, hitting, and fielding.

It was only a matter of time before the fun was over.

It's over.

IDK who I’m supposed to blame for this. Duffey for not being able to strike anyone out? Rortvedt for being a ****ing idiot? Maeda for loading the bases? 

6 minutes ago, Nine of twelve said:

Totally bungled by Rortvedt. First, don't throw the ball because there was another runner advancing to third base. Run him back. Second, get out of the way. Third, expect a good ass-chewing by the manager back in the dugout.

Well, maybe he'll get a ticket for a trip to St. Paul. Jeffers seems to have found his stroke across the river.

7 minutes ago, stringer bell said:

They've already used two of the three catchers.

Yeah, I know. I also don't care. Eventually a message has to be sent. That could very easily be the difference between winning and losing this game. Physical errors are one thing, but a mental mistake like that, especially out of your catcher, is inexcusable. 

6 minutes ago, Mill1634 said:

Yeah, I know. I also don't care. Eventually a message has to be sent. That could very easily be the difference between winning and losing this game. Physical errors are one thing, but a mental mistake like that, especially out of your catcher, is inexcusable. 

That hit gives him a chance at redemption. 

Remember when Simmons was hitting .325 and driving in runners, really hitting the ball square, and overall looking surprisingly good at the plate?

He's been dreadful since the first 2 weeks of the season. About as bad as can get on this team - and there are a lot of bad hitters to contend with.

He's so slow. Must hit into a DP per game.

• Twins Daily Video