• Create Account

Game Thread "The Odyssey 2*" Twins at White Sox 7:10pm cdt 5/12/2021

Just now, cHawk said:

What should the plan be for 2022 since this season is so clearly lost? Blow everything up? Retool?

I want to blow it up because there is clearly a lot wrong internally with this team. Most analysts ranked this team in their top six at the start of this year. The team is really kind of a joke at the moment.

2 minutes ago, insagt1 said:

I'm sure someone has the stat somewhere....but how many teams who were 12-22 actually finished above .500? I'm guessing not very many. Twins are playing 'soul-less' right now.  Its only the 5th but it looks like they want it to be the 9th so they can just go to bed.

Once upon a time the 2019 Washington Nationals were horrible, then won the WS. Let’s just forget about the other hundreds, potentially thousands of teams in history that started bad and ended with a bad record to make ourselves feel better. 

Just now, Mill1634 said:

That’s gonna do it for me tonight. This team stinks — bad. I hate that I make myself watch them and talk myself into a potential turn around day after day. 

with that said, see y’all tomorrow!

Glutton for punishment just like the rest of us!

Just now, Vanimal46 said:

Once upon a time the 2019 Washington Nationals were horrible, then won the WS. Let’s just forget about the other hundreds, potentially thousands of teams in history that started bad and ended with a bad record to make ourselves feel better. 

The thing that many seem to ignore is that the nationals had 3 legit aces — scherzer, stras, and Corbin. They also had Juan Soto, Anthony rendon, and trae turner. They also had a legit closer in Sean Doolittle. The twins have a lite version of the hitters in Buxton, Cruz, and JD, but the pitching is nowhere near the level as that nationals team. Any fan that’s still clinging onto this stat is absolutely foolish. 

1 minute ago, Mill1634 said:

The thing that many seem to ignore is that the nationals had 3 legit aces — scherzer, stras, and Corbin. They also had Juan Soto, Anthony rendon, and trae turner. They also had a legit closer in Sean Doolittle. The twins have a lite version of the hitters in Buxton, Cruz, and JD, but the pitching is nowhere near the level as that nationals team. Any fan that’s still clinging onto this stat is absolutely foolish. 

You get the bit. I also heard the 1991 Twins were bad at the beginning of the season too. 

1 minute ago, Aggies7 said:

I don’t think Shaun Anderson is gonna be the guy

0-3 on bullpen reclamation projects from the pitching gurus. Waddell, him, and Sire of Fort Myers Derek Law were supposed to be the saviors in AAA?