Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: 5/7/21, Minnesota Twins @ Detroit Tigers, 6:10 CDT

This will actually be the last straw for me. If they blow this game, this will be my last game thread and last time watching the Twins for 2021. 

A better metaphor for this club is when Biff drives in to the manure truck.

Last time i'd dug up that comparison, it had overlapping audio tracks as well. Oh well.

I was more thinking along the lines of the pitcher catcher conference on the mound, and our pitcher saying "what if i threw a slider out of the zone and he doesn't swing at it? Ya know, i don't think i could take that kind of rejection!"

What would be fitting is if the game resumed, the Twins fell behind in the bottom of the 7th, and then the game was called — thus adding another 7 inning loss to our record.

giphy.gif

Pretty much every move Rocco made this season went wrong. It almost feels like he gets paid by the other team.

What’s infuriating is how many (essentially) coin-flip decisions land tails. Seems like it lands tails 80-85% of the time.

So, if they call it will it resume tomorrow?

I always was curious about those games that get "resumed" vs. those that get "called". Why, sometimes, do games continue the next day and other times they are just called and booked?

Featured Video