Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread "Get Away" Twins vs Rangers 12:10pm cdt 5/6/2021 ad

I know he was safe, but it was close because he almost didn't have his foot on the bag. If the MLB wants to increase action on the bases, which it appears they do, they need to change the stolen base rule. If the runner beats the tag, he's safe, even if his foot or hand come off the bag for half a second.

I know he was safe, but it was close because he almost didn't have his foot on the bag. If the MLB wants to increase action on the bases, which it appears they do, they need to change the stolen base rule. If the runner beats the tag, he's safe, even if his foot or hand come off the bag for half a second.

Agree - this ticky-tack stuff where the guy's foot comes off for .0000026 seconds, gets reviewed for 15 minutes and then gets called out? Total garbage.

To call a guy out like that isn't in the spirit of the rule. It's changing the game. Those instances should be ruled "inconsequential non-base contact" or something.

A far better way to do this would be to eliminate pickoffs.  Have a circle drawn around each base that a runner must be inside of until the pitcher begins his motion.  Not sure how far away it needs to be, they could do some studies, but I would imagine 6-8 feet.  Runners don't need to worry about getting back to the base, no more sitting through 3-5 throws to first in a PA, and stolen bases much more frequent.

That will make the preposterous statement tournament as a 3 seed.

I actually don't know if it is--he was saying it because Byron Buxton told him so.  On better manicured fields, there will be less friction, which means it takes longer to stop, thus you're more apt to overslide.

Featured Video