Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs. Rangers 6:40pm cdt 5/5/2021 ad

And that was no ordinary bounce.

That was special.

Like those old Bird 'n' Magic Johnson commercials, off the dirt, off Garver's mask, into the camera well, nothing but net.

Stashak's bouncer looked more like a volleyball spike. Nice play, in the right sport...

Granted Stashak shouldn't be totally faulted for allowing inherited runners to score (first and third-no outs), but as an aggregate, the Twins bullpen has been really bad with inherited baserunners.

I will give the FO credit for Kyle Garlick..he fits his role of hitting left handers perfectly. Maybe the only move around the margin that they've hit on this year.

What about Happ, Simmons, and Robles

but while we are busy trashing the pitchers, how about that sacks juiced, no outs, and no runs! Our offense is so inconsistent. When the game is close, our hitters disappear like Brigadoon. Then the pen finishes us off.

I watched Means destroy Seattle this afternoon. Faced 27 hitters and got them all...unfortunately one of his k's resulted in a wild pitch...and the runner was immediately out stealing...but that killed the perfect game. Still it was such a pleasure watching a pitcher totally dominate like he did from start to finish. I wonder if the Twins will ever see a starter go 7 innings anymore this year?

Ehhh.... Would he be on the Astros? Yankees? Starting at that?

I wouldn't compare ourselves with them when we're one of the worst teams in the AL... we hit horribly against lefties last year and Garlick seems to be able to handle them. Also saves us from the atrocity that is Cave vs LHP.

He’s not a starter. And he can hit LHP, that’s what I meant

Not what I asked. Would he be on those other playoff teams? Add the A's, Sux, Red Sox, and Rays. Dude's a bum. Cut from a team that hasn't made the playoffs in years.

I'm kinda tired of these moves made by the front office. Waddell? Garlick Robles? Riddle? Lin? singing Dobnak? 

Weak. 

Not one single guy could hit a ball to the right side here? God this is rancid 

Maybe we thought that is exactly what they'd expect us to do... Which is why they were shifting us to pull, to encourage us not to. But we out smarted them, didn't we! Er, that is not advancing the runner, nor scoring... Maybe not.

Maybe we thought that is exactly what they'd expect us to do... Which is why they were shifting us to pull, to encourage us not to. But we out smarted them, didn't we! Er, that is not advancing the runner, nor scoring... Maybe not.

That is some Rocco-level thought process

Featured Video