Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs. Rangers 6:40pm cdt 5/5/2021 ad

So why can we not fix the problems? Does everything need to be blown up?

There may be some problems that could be fixed, but blowing everything up would be a nice cathartic experience after watching this team go from 100 wins to what we're watching now in 2 years.

With no minor leagues until yesterday, I don't think Thorpe or anyone else should be criticized for short starts when they haven't had a chance to stretch out in minor league games. Thorpe has been pretty good, but I was hoping to see mid-nineties fastballs. 

So why can we not fix the problems? Does everything need to be blown up?

Because we appear to be more than a guy or two away. You’re not just going to get 3 or 4 pitchers while giving up nothing 

Because we appear to be more than a guy or two away. You’re not just going to get 3 or 4 pitchers while giving up nothing 

We don't have "nothing"

We don't have "nothing"

No, I’m saying we aren’t going to acquire the necessary arms needed to compete without giving up something substantial in return. 

Regarding contending this year, yes the Twins were picked to win or finish second by almost everyone. They haven't looked like any type of a playoff team, but remember the Washington Nationals a couple years ago. They didn't get above .500 until July (IIRC) but went on a run and won the WS. 

Moves may need to be made, maybe trades. Every facet of the team has not met expectations. If that continues, it will be time to go to rebuild mode. 

Rocco has a short leash with all his starters that had a full spring and a start to the season, but decides to let a guy go who hasn't pitched in a game for a month, see the lineup for a third time?

This dude went from great manager to making bonehead decisions on a game basis. I miss Phish too, but I'm coping!

Regarding contending this year, yes the Twins were picked to win or finish second by almost everyone. They haven't looked like any type of a playoff team, but remember the Washington Nationals a couple years ago. They didn't get above .500 until July (IIRC) but went on a run and won the WS.

Moves may need to be made, maybe trades. Every facet of the team has not met expectations. If that continues, it will be time to go to rebuild mode.

Yeah? Who’s our equivalent of Corbin, Scherzer, and Strasburg in the rotation to make the historic run they did?

Featured Video