Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs. Rangers 6:40pm cdt 5/5/2021 ad

After yesterday's game thread, i think i'll go for short and sweet, so as not to think so hard.

Fifth day of the fifth month... that's like... 5 squared, or 25. Is that Buxton day? Yes, but that's a trick question, 'cause every day is Buxton day.

It is also el Cinco de Mayo, or Mexican Independence day. I claim no Mexican wisdom, but i support Independence for all!

I'm not sure i would trust the accuratcy of much in the video, but i bring it up for the catchy music, animation style, and determination not to compromise. And i hope the last aspect rubs off on the Twins!

We welcome Sano back to the roster, and hope he picks up _right_ where Kirilloff _left_ off.

It is also good to see Thorpe take the mound, and how he is getting along. I think he has a real chance of earning a spot in the rotation!

Rangers:
0. Hyeon-Jong Yang ( L) P
1. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R ) SS
2. Nick Solak (R ) 2B
3. Nate Lowe ( L) 1B
4. Adolis Garcia (R ) LF
5. Joey Gallo ( L) RF
6. Andy Ibanez (R ) DH
7. Charlie Culberson (R ) 3B
8. Jose Trevino (R ) C
9. Eli White (R ) CF

Twins:
0. Lewis Thorpe ( L) P
1. Byron Buxton (R ) CF
2. Josh Donaldson (R ) 3B
3. Nelson Cruz (R ) DH
4. Kyle Garlick (R ) LF
5. Mitch Garver (R ) C
6. Jorge Polanco ( S ) 2B
7. Max Kepler ( L) RF
8. Miguel Sano (R ) 1B
9. Andrelton Simmons (R ) SS

Go Get 'Em!

Thanks for the game thread opening SampleSize!  Looks like a Colome bullpen night so fasten your seat belts and have plenty of cervezas and margaritas!   Fasten your seat belts may not be the best term - watching Colome pitch is more like a slow torture.     Astudillo better be getting his arm warmed up.   Best of luck to the Twins tonight - I hope the bats are hot!  

Featured Video