• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs. Royals, 5/1/21 @ 1:10 PM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a rough day yesterday. Haven't been feeling well all week, so Mrs Chief finally convinced me to let her take me to the doctor.   Well, I came out after the visit pretty upset. Crying, actually. "C

Good Morning Twins fans and welcome back to another game thread extravaganza! Happy May Day too!   Last night we took home a great 9-1 victory over the Royals. We also got a glimpse of Alex Kirilloff'

Feel bad for you guys watching the game at home. Mere video can't convey the majesty of an 88mph Shoemaker 4 seamer leaving our dimension.

Had a rough day yesterday. Haven't been feeling well all week, so Mrs Chief finally convinced me to let her take me to the doctor.

Well, I came out after the visit pretty upset. Crying, actually.

"Chiefee dear," she said. "What's wrong??"

"The doc told me I'll have to take one of these pills every day for the rest of my life," I told her, showing her the small prescription bottle in my hand.

"Well," she said. "That doesn't seem so bad."

"Really?" I said. "Not so bad? He also told me not to worry about refills."

Wow, O'Hearn just blasted that foul ball and barely missed a homer by an inch of the foul pole.

Next pitch, HR to center.

Shoemaker is literally throwing BP right now.

I wanted Dobnak in the rotation over Shoemaker from Day 1... I would insert Dobnak in and DFA Shoemaker, and claim whatever pitcher could help our bullpen. Or call up a young'un from the minors.

Are we going right back to this mopiness, no offense, emotionally dead baseball?

Even good baseball teams have bad days like this - it just depends if this is the norm or not. So far this season it has, of course. Got to win more of the closer games.

Earlier you asked for a jinx... well, there's no way the Royals could possibly blow this game with their starter having a pristine 0.33 ERA!