• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs. Royals, 5/1/21 @ 1:10 PM

may-day-poll-300x235.jpg

Good Morning Twins fans and welcome back to another game thread extravaganza! Happy May Day too!

Last night we took home a great 9-1 victory over the Royals. We also got a glimpse of Alex Kirilloff's talent. Between Kirilloff's two homers and Buxton's defensive greatness I actually got excited about this teams potential over the next month or so. I think we'll climb our way back up in the standings in no time (assuming the bullpen can pick it up).

Speaking of May Day, My daughter turns 21 today. I'm not sure how 21 years can go by so quickly but they do! If she wasn't away at college I'd take her to my favorite watering hole and buy a few rounds of beer and watch the Twins beat up on KC...Happy Birthday Sarah!

OK, back to today's game. I'm liking the lineup. Interesting batting order but I sure would not enjoy pitching to our first 3 hitters and our #9 hitter. Nasty.

Let's GO Twins!

Lineups:

TWINS:

1. Byron Buxton, CF

2. Josh Donaldson, 3B

3. Nelson Cruz, DH

4. Jorge Polanco, 2B

5. Kyle Garlick, RF

6. Mitch Garver, C

7. Alex Kirilloff, 1B

8. A. Simmons, SS

9. Luis Arraez, LF

P - Matt Shoemaker ®

ROYALS:

1. W. Merrifield, 2B

2. Carlos Santana, 1B

3. Salvador Perez, C

4. Jorge Soler, RF

5. Ryan O'Hearn, DH

6. Hunter Dozier, 3B

7. A. Benintendi, LF

8. M. Taylor, CF

9. Nicky Lopez, SS

P - Danny Duffy (L)

Weather: Beautiful spring day in Minnesota. 80 degrees and sunny. No rain expected.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a rough day yesterday. Haven't been feeling well all week, so Mrs Chief finally convinced me to let her take me to the doctor.   Well, I came out after the visit pretty upset. Crying, actually. "C

Good Morning Twins fans and welcome back to another game thread extravaganza! Happy May Day too!   Last night we took home a great 9-1 victory over the Royals. We also got a glimpse of Alex Kirilloff'

Feel bad for you guys watching the game at home. Mere video can't convey the majesty of an 88mph Shoemaker 4 seamer leaving our dimension.

Interesting that Garlick is in instead of Kepler, not instead of Arraez. Preview of things to come? Kepler becoming more of a platoon player? Obviously, one game does not mean a lot but I do think it’ll be interesting to watch as they try to find a way to keep Arraez in the lineup five or six days a week. It will be also interesting to see what happens when Sano’s ready to come back. If we are committed to playing Kirilloff on almost every day basis, and I think we are, either the outfield is more crowded and someone (Cave) has to go or Sano spends a lot of time on the bench. I think we’re a couple weeks away from that decision because I think Sano will be sent to St. Paul to “tuneup his swing after the injured list time off”. Injuries may take away that decision, but if they don’t I think it’s going to be very interesting.

Interesting that Garlick is in instead of Kepler, not instead of Arraez. Preview of things to come? Kepler becoming more of a platoon player? Obviously, one game does not mean a lot but I do think it’ll be interesting to watch as they try to find a way to keep Arraez in the lineup five or six days a week. It will be also interesting to see what happens when Sano’s ready to come back. If we are committed to playing Kirilloff on almost every day basis, and I think we are, either the outfield is more crowded and someone (Cave) has to go or Sano spends a lot of time on the bench. I think we’re a couple weeks away from that decision because I think Sano will be sent to St. Paul to “tuneup his swing after the injured list time off”. Injuries may take away that decision, but if they don’t I think it’s going to be very interesting.

We're facing a lefty today, so Garlick makes sense over Kepler. Cave should be spending plenty of time on the bench, where he belongs.

Cooking a $20 pan of boneless country style pork ribs in the the oven. 300F for 2 hrs, drain the juices, paint on BBQ sauce, then back in the oven at 275F for 1 hr, uncovered. 

Skol Twins!

Wow, must be nice. Spending $20 on a pan.