Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: 4/28/21 Minnesota Twins @ Cleveland Indians, 12:10 CDT

Isn't that always a mathematical impossibility?

I don't think so, in this case. No outs were recorded and both batters hit HRs, so as long as nobody got out and everybody hit a HR the half inning would continue indefinitely.

***Disclaimer: I'm not a mathematician. Nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Nor am I an unpaid/paid spokesperson for Holiday Inn Express.

I muted the YouTube broadcast, and opened the radio feed on MLB.TV in another tab.

My MLB.TV radio feed was slightly ahead, so I paused it when I heard the catcher's glove (you could also use the crack of the bat), then unpaused as soon as I saw that happen in the YouTube feed, so now they are in sync.

Ditto. I stuck with the Youtube audio through the top of the first since I was interested in hearing Thome and LaTroy, but I couldn't handle it.

I don't think so, in this case. No outs were recorded and both batters hit HRs, so as long as nobody got out and everybody hit a HR the half inning would continue indefinitely.

***Disclaimer: I'm not a mathematician. Nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Nor am I an unpaid/paid spokesperson for Holiday Inn Express.

In reality, so long as no one makes an out, the inning never ends, so any type of hit can be on pace for an infinite number, as long as there has been one of that type.  If the first 5 hitters go walk, single, double, triple, homer before an out is recorded, the hitting team would be on pace for an infinite number of all of those type of hits.

I'm on my last year of MLBTV.com, as Twins games are blacked out. I will watch some after they are over, but WHY can I watch it live on YouTube free today???

If, baseball ever wants to reach a bigger fan base, give up the "have to pay to watch". And fer God's sake get the games back to less than 3 hours!!!

Personally I don't think there's any reason that Sano should be starting over Kirilloff. Sano has repeated shown to not be a competent hitter. Give Kirilloff the 1B job and have Sano be a 1st/3rd utility man. 

Personally I don't think there's any reason that Sano should be starting over Kirilloff. Sano has repeated shown to not be a competent hitter. Give Kirilloff the 1B job and have Sano be a 1st/3rd utility man. 

I still think they're better off with Kirilloff in LF and Sanó at 1B. We've seen multiple instances of Sanó working himself out of slumps like these in the past. And watching Arraez trying to track down fly balls out there with his 80 year old knees is not fun...

Brilliant baserunning there by Buck.  He knew Eddie was going to throw that towards home, and therefore had the opening to take the extra base.

I much prefer being on the other side of those stupid Rosario throws...

In reality, so long as no one makes an out, the inning never ends, so any type of hit can be on pace for an infinite number, as long as there has been one of that type. If the first 5 hitters go walk, single, double, triple, homer before an out is recorded, the hitting team would be on pace for an infinite number of all of those type of hits.

Ahh, that's where I messed up. You can be ON PACE for an infinite amount, but I was thinking about actually reaching an infinite number of anything (where infinity exists as a limit, but not as an achievable value)

Featured Video