Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD 4/27/2021: Twins @ Indians 5:10 CDT

SOOOOOO....I heard today from multiple sources that Colome was being moved to "low leverage" situations for a while.

I guess down 1 in the 8th is now "low leverage" to Rocco.

Which, given the offense, I can't say I totally disagree. A 1 run deficit seems like a pretty tall mountain to climb.

edit: ninja'd by most everyone in the game thread and several people walking down my street outside.

Ninja'd perhaps.

But you still deliver it with style.

Goodness. Colome's complete ineptitude reminds of Matt Belisle... yes, when Belisle was so bad he plunked a batter on the first pitch and the ump tossed him out of the game even though there was clearly no ill will. Colome is that bad.

I'm listening to the Cleveland broadcast and they're blaming Colome's early season performance on unearned runs...

Lets make a deal.

only because they read stat sheets but don’t watch Twins games

I think I hate Colome. I think I hate just about everything about this year’s team. I disagree with just about every Baldelli managerial move this year. I disagree with the Twins calling up these two bit scrubs over giving actual legit prospects a shot (the worst thing that happens is they play the same as all of these career minor leaguers).

I hate prioritizing dart throws like Shoemaker and Happ (despite decent performance) over a guy like Dobnak and making him a long reliever (if we are going to make dart throws).

Everything from top to bottom feels wrong.

Sam Dyson was a trade acquisition, which makes it even worse--we had to give something up in addition to the money we paid him.

Im talking about guys who gave us absolutely nothing. Or next to nothing. Dyson fits that bill very well. 

Have to wonder where the colome signing will rank among the worst in the last 20 years. Nishioka, Sam dyson, Byung Ho park, who else?

Not often you see an infielder with has back to the plate and a batted ball between him and the plate.

That's pretty special right there, ladies and germs.

1200x0.jpg

Featured Video