Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread—Twins @ Cleveland 5:10 PM

stringer bell

I really don't know what the Twins can do. Outright release their biggest off-season acquisition in April?

Either mop up duty and pray he finds his signature pitch again in bullpen sessions or cut strings now. It was only a 1 year deal right? They’ve cut people with more money owed to them before in Addison Reed and Phil Hughes.

In Rocco's defense, what's he really supposed to do? Falvine brought Colome in as the big acquisition in the bullpen to be the main guy. Rocco is using him as such, per upper management.

There is no defense at this point, and even before he put him in this game in this situation. The answer is.... anybody EXCEPT Colome. He is the manager. He is responsible during the game. That is his job. Colome should only get mop up until he can, if ever, pitch well and not give up runs. You definitley no longer put him in with a game on the line. Very simple. There no excuse.

Yeah well, how long is it going to take to construct a bullpen worthy of pennant chasing? Cruz will be 50 by that point

You can buy bullpen arms, you don’t need to develop ALL of them.

More than one poster has kept defending the pen with the probability of the runner on second scoring being 1.058 or something like that. So what. Then why can't we score? (I guess we did one out of 5 because of Buxton's homer, which Colome found a way to let 3 runs in instead of just one.....)

I have many problems with Baldelli's managing of this disastrous season, but I'll give him a pass on Colome. That's on Falvine, and there are no better options.

At this point, and before this game even.... any option is better than Colome. That is an easy one. He is the manager. 

I have many problems with Baldelli's managing of this disastrous season, but I'll give him a pass on Colome. That's on Falvine, and there are no better options.

I think Falvine being cheap is the biggest culprit and elephant in the room. In 2019 we had a real opportunity at a run and we squandered it because of his unwillingness to upgrade the bullpen. Now it's 2021 and everyone is regressing, we dumped a bunch players like Rosario, and now our pitching is perhaps even worse than it was in 2019 and 2020. It's a mess and frankly it's inexcusable considering the power that we have in the lineup with Cruz, Buxton, Donaldson. All of the good teams have pitchers that can close out games pitching triple digits. We haven't had that in years. We keep acquiring cheap contact pitchers and it's just not working. 

I still believe this lineup is capable of being good, but man oh man... we need to end the Colome experiment and make some serious changes. Otherwise this is just going to be a wasted season. 

I don't actually remember anyone saying that.

What? you don't remember the articles telling us how many feet per second he ran and how it was slower than the other outfielders and that he had lost a step and that was one of the reasons for his bad defense?

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.