Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: Seattle Mariners @ Minnesota Twins, 11 Apr 2021, 1:10 PM CDT

Nine of twelve

5.) e^iπ + 1 = 0.

You may have noticed that there is math in this post. That's because math was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

There are things that are unquestionably true and unquestionably significant. This equation, often referred to as Euler's identity, is probably the most true and most significant of all. It contains the five most fundamental numbers: 0, 1, e, i, and π. It also contains the four most fundamental operations: equality, addition, multiplication, and exponentiation. I think it is absolutely beautiful, and if I ever were to get a tattoo this is what it would be.

Didn't Warren Moon play for the Eulers?

Tough to find good help. I looked through craigslist and Facebook market place to find an odd jobs guy to do some things around the house for me. I gave him a list of 10 things to do, and at the end of the day, he had only done the first, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth things on the list. 

I don't get it.

What an odd post.

Tough to find good help. I looked through craigslist and Facebook market place to find an odd jobs guy to do some things around the house for me. I gave him a list of 10 things to do, and at the end of the day, he had only done the first, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth things on the list.

I don't get it.

You need to get even?

We only got an odd number of runs this inning so fa...

To me, this should be the order vs RHP:

1. 3B Arraez

2. 2B Polanco

3. DH Cruz

4. CF Buxton

5. SS Simmons

6. C Garver

7. RF Kepler

8. 1B Sano

9. LF Cave

I prefer:

1. Cruz

2. Cruz

3. Cruz

4. Cruz

5. Cruz

6. Cruz

7. Cruz

8. Cruz

9. Cruz

Bench: Joe (just so I can tell everyone I'm a big leaguer, not that I'd ever crack that linup.)

I like playing with numbers as well, so here's one I just came up with on the topic of prime numbers. 

Nelson Cruz is 53rd on the career list, with 421 career homers. Both are prime numbers. Looking through the list on baseball-reference.com, it looks like Rafael Palmeiro (13th at 569) and David Ortiz (17th at 541) are the only two ahead of him where the rank and the total are both prime.

(I will leave it to others to comment on whether Cruz, Palmeiro, and Ortiz share anything else in common.)

I like playing with numbers as well, so here's one I just came up with on the topic of prime numbers. 

Nelson Cruz is 53rd on the career list, with 421 career homers. Both are prime numbers. Looking through the list on baseball-reference.com, it looks like Rafael Palmeiro (13th at 569) and David Ortiz (17th at 541) are the only two ahead of him where the rank and the total are both prime.

(I will leave it to others to comment on whether Cruz, Palmeiro, and Ortiz share anything else in common.)

They all like naps?

Disappointed to see Sano still in the line-up. Doctor K needs to take a seat. With Jeffers behind the plate this would have been a good time to put Garver on 1st. It's one of the reasons the Twins are carrying three catchers, isn't it?

By playing Sano every day the hope is he will turn his rut into a groove. We can only hope, hope, hope, hope.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.