Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: 4/6/21 Minnesota Twins @ Detroit Tigers, 12:10 CDT

Cue Rule V handwringing in 3... 2... 

But this game was lost when Diaz channeled a former Twins 3rd base coach whose only qualification was being Ron Gardenhire's buddy.

Why would you not walk Baddoo? What advantage does not having a force out have especially when he's there hottest hitter and you have a bench player on a Tigers team next? I don't understand.

I want to toot my own horn that I had Baddoo in my top 8 for Twins prospects 2 years ago. That's all I have to hang my hat on after this loss.

The thing about Baddoo is where would the Twins have put him? The outfield is jammed with minor league talent right now.

Plus he had no at bats for 2 years. I can't fault the Twins for letting him go.

Why would you not walk Baddoo? What advantage does not having a force out have especially when he's there hottest hitter and you have a bench player on a Tigers team next? I don't understand.

I want to toot my own horn that I had Baddoo in my top 8 for Twins prospects 2 years ago. That's all I have to hang my hat on after this loss.

I walk him. He is hitting hot, no matter who his is. Definitely walk Grossman and Baddoo and create force out at every base, and play doulble play position. Times like this Baldelli looks real bad to me.

I think it was a bad call to walk Grossman in the first place. Who is scared of Robbie freaking Grossman? If you can’t get him out, you deserve to lose.

The thing about Baddoo is where would the Twins have put him? The outfield is jammed with minor league talent right now.

Plus he had no at bats for 2 years. I can't fault the Twins for letting him go.

Looks like you put him where Cave is. It is great to see some Teams make intuitive choices outside the box and get rewarded for it. I like it way more than having 26 and 27 and 28 year old rookies.

Make it work or trade someone.

He was lost to injury in 2019 and had no ABs in 2020. Why would they keep a guy on their roster that hasn't had at-bats in 2 years, and in his previous year in the minors (2018) only had a .243 BA and .770 OPS?

Baddoo didn't hit at high a or low A in 2018 and 2019. He's not that good. 

Right!?! I guess he   <Baddoo>   is not listening to sane observers.

He was up 2-0 in the count and he loves to hit singles.

We’re talking about a guy who’s hit under .250 3 of the last 4 seasons. If he loves to hit singles, he sure doesn’t show it on the field.

Featured Video