Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Detroit, 12:10PM, 4/5/21

Yes.

//Feel a little cheap accepting the obvious setup...

I was wondering what took you so long. Still chomping away at the grilled ham & cheese?

That sounds really good, by the way.

I was wondering what took you so long. Still chomping away at the grilled ham & cheese?

That sounds really good, by the way.

Indeed. And it's out-*******-standing.

Sour cream and onion chips on the side, with an orange pop.

How bad do you think Baddoo would have to perform for the Tigers to send him back to the Twins?

Well, Detroit is in full rebuild mode so they could probably keep him on the roster regardless of performance if they believe in his potential.

And after he showed quite a bit of said potential I really don't think Detroit lets him go.

Rant: Dropped third strikes are the stupidest thing in baseball. A hitter should not be given the opportunity to reach base because they swung at a pitch in the dirt

Maybe but, the catcher gets a putout when the batter strikes out and he hangs unto the ball, otherwise he has to throw the runner out at 1B. It can seem kind of dumb, but then it's kinda of a cool thing where a batter can get on base because the defense screws up.

Well, Detroit is in full rebuild mode so they could probably keep him on the roster regardless of performance if they believe in his potential.

And after he showed quite a bit of said potential I really don't think Detroit lets him go.

As someone really smart and insightful said--don't remember where I read it--"Nothing says rebuild like Robbie Grossman leading off."

Rant: Dropped third strikes are the stupidest thing in baseball. A hitter should not be given the opportunity to reach base because they swung at a pitch in the dirt

Bold assertion now that 10th innings start with a runner on second. 

Featured Video