• Create Account

Ex Twins in 2021: Where Are They Now?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favorite annual threads on the site. Let’s stay updated on ex-Twins in the news... This is a start of a list, and feel free to add on as they pop up over the course of the season!   Trevor M

Vintage Rosario moon shot!

LaMonte Wade gets recalled by Giants and goes 2-4 with a walk in his debut!

Wilson Ramos designated for assignment by the Tigers. The shakeup in Detroit starts. When will it happen in Minnesota.

Ramos was an up-and-coming catching prospect who was traded by the Twins for Matt Capps back in 2010. Since then, he caught 919 games in 12 seasons for five teams, 

3 hours ago, Rosterman said:

Wilson Ramos designated for assignment by the Tigers. The shakeup in Detroit starts. When will it happen in Minnesota.

Ramos was an up-and-coming catching prospect who was traded by the Twins for Matt Capps back in 2010. Since then, he caught 919 games in 12 seasons for five teams, 

To reflect on Ramos, because this might be the end of his catching career in MLB, he’s produced 15.3 bWAR in 12 seasons. He hit the 2 WAR threshold 4 out of 12 seasons. Does that still warrant him being the first thought of Twins trade flops? Because for the last 10 years, Ramos for Capps has been one of the most despised trades the Twins have made. 

Ramos for Capps? One, didn't expect Butera to be main catcher in 2011. And after two more seasons behind the plate, didn't totally expect Mauer to move to first base. Would he have produced for the Twins? Been a better option than Suzuki, before he himself became more of a free agent and toured baseball. How many seasons would he have worn a Twins uniform in the end?

The Twins lose Shaun Anderson to the Rangers on a waiver claim. They got him for LaMonte Wade during the off-season. Wade ahs been a pleasant surprise for the Giants. Not that, in reality, the Twins don't have an abundance of outfielders that they could lose Wade and also the earlier Baddoo. That is, if the string of outfielders stay healthy.

Once Buxton and Kepler return the Twins will be faced with how to find playing time for four outfielders. And AAAA guys like Garlick and Refsnyder may be out of luck. And who knows the future of Jake Cave.

1 hour ago, Rosterman said:

The Twins lose Shaun Anderson to the Rangers on a waiver claim. They got him for LaMonte Wade during the off-season. Wade ahs been a pleasant surprise for the Giants. Not that, in reality, the Twins don't have an abundance of outfielders that they could lose Wade and also the earlier Baddoo. That is, if the string of outfielders stay healthy.

Once Buxton and Kepler return the Twins will be faced with how to find playing time for four outfielders. And AAAA guys like Garlick and Refsnyder may be out of luck. And who knows the future of Jake Cave.

I’m happy to see Wade doing well. I had a soft spot for him because throughout the minors he had excellent plate discipline. I got to thinking about Jaylin Davis, the other former Twin OF on the Giants. Unfortunately he’s on the 60 day IL 🙁

On 6/21/2021 at 6:04 PM, jaimedude said:
On 6/21/2021 at 1:22 PM, Vanimal46 said:

Old friend Eduardo Escobar could be coming back to the AL Central. 

That would really suck if the White Sox got him. Escobar was a great Twin and I would not like or would very much dislike seeing him in a White Sox uniform. Honestly that would suck big time!

Didn't we get him from the White Sox in the Francisco Liriano trade?

I won't begrudge him going full circle.

The Indians are a perfect example of a team playing as a team.  Their starting rotation is decimated, they have a little league-esque line up.  They don.t seem to excel at any one thing, except playing above .500 baseball.  Baldelli should see if he can sit in the Cleveland dugout and take notes.