Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Ex Twins in 2021: Where Are They Now?

Others on 40-man or extended rosters are Tyler Wells (Orioles), DANNY SANTANA (Red Sox), Luis Gil (Yankees), Nick Anderson and Chris Mazza (Rays), NICK TURLEY (White Sox), Akil Baddoo (Tigers), Brooks Raley (Astros), BLAKE PARKER (Indians), Luke Bard (Angels), Kyle Cody and John Hicks and DREW BUTERA (Rangers), Huscar Ynoa (Braves), Sam Clay and RYNE HARPER (Nationals), KOHL STEWART and IAN MILLER (Cubs), SEAN POPPEN (Pirates), Jaylin Davis and ZACK LITTELL and LAMONTE WADE (Giants), Wynston Sawyer (Padres), Luke Raley (Dodgers), Dereck Rodriguez (Rockies).

(former prospects lower case, EX-TWINS CAPS).

Such fond memories people have of Kyle Cody’s time with the Twins

Man, defensive catchers and left-handed relievers sure have longevity in this career. I wonder if Brian Dunsing's agent is still getting calls.

Probably.  And the Twins are probably still getting calls on deals they can't make because they don't have Duensing around to add to the deal.

After batting .172 in 25 games with the Pirates last year, John Ryan Murphy wasn't signed in the off season and remains a free agent.

Fernando Abad was signed by the Orioles in January and designated to their minor league camp after posting an ERA north of 11 in Spring Training.

34 year-old Byung-Ho Park is batting cleanup for the Kiwoom Heroes of the KBO League.

Randy Rosario, a promising lefty in the Twins farm system who played a couple of games with the '17 Twins club, is now playing for the Chunichi Dragons in the Nippon (Japan) league after fizzling out with the Cubs and Royals.

Taylor Motter reportedly signed with the Colorado Rockies on a minor league deal this spring, but with no minor league action right now it's tricky to figure out where he's at.

After batting .172 in 25 games with the Pirates last year, John Ryan Murphy wasn't signed in the off season and remains a free agent.

Fernando Abad was signed by the Orioles in January and designated to their minor league camp after posting an ERA north of 11 in Spring Training.

34 year-old Byung-Ho Park is batting cleanup for the Kiwoom Heroes of the KBO League.

Randy Rosario, a promising lefty in the Twins farm system who played a couple of games with the '17 Twins club, is now playing for the Chunichi Dragons in the Nippon (Japan) league after fizzling out with the Cubs and Royals.

Taylor Motter reportedly signed with the Colorado Rockies on a minor league deal this spring, but with no minor league action right now it's tricky to figure out where he's at.

Ah, Byung-Ho Park. The good old days.

Randy Rosario was another guy some here were really gnashing their teeth over losing. So hard to tell who's going to make it and whether it's for more than a year (or even just a few appearances). Glad my industry is more predictable.

I enjoy following several of the ex-Twins. Some of my favorites are Kurt Suzuki, Gibson and Rich Hill. The latter 2 won their last start. Hicks was my favorite Twin when I last saw them play in Florida and now he's my favorite Yankee. Lynn should have been given more of a chance since he missed much of the Spring during his year here. Kintzler was a decent reliever. I also liked Escobar, Schoop and Grossman but you can't keep them all.

I enjoy following several of the ex-Twins. Some of my favorites are Kurt Suzuki, Gibson and Rich Hill. The latter 2 won their last start. Hicks was my favorite Twin when I last saw them play in Florida and now he's my favorite Yankee. Lynn should have been given more of a chance since he missed much of the Spring during his year here. Kintzler was a decent reliever. I also liked Escobar, Schoop and Grossman but you can't keep them all.

Lynn didn't want to be here. 

Some updates from yesterday's Former Twins Showcase (Detroit vs. Cleveland):

Eddie Rosario, 0-4, 1 K OPS .542

Robbie Grossman, 3-4, HR, RBI, K OPS .933

Niko Goodrum, 0-3, OPS .649

Akil Baddoo, 0-3, K OPS 1.165

In Colorado,

CJ Cron, 0-4, 3 K, OPS .504

In LA,

Sam Clay, 1.2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (his first two games were excellent)

Huascar Ynoa will keep a spot in the Braves' rotation for the time being.

Ynoa worked five scoreless innings in a spot-start against the Nationals next Wednesday and now he's lined up to pitch Monday against the Marlins before getting the Cubs on Saturday. The 22-year-old is deserving of the opportunity, as he notched 12 swinging strikes in his 68 pitches last Wednesday while averaging 96 mph with his fastball. With Mike Soroka's return to the Braves delayed, Ynoa has a real chance to impress here. He's a fine speculative play in deeper fantasy formats.

It’s looking like we messed up the Jaime Garcia trade. Ynoa has a chance to be a MLB starter, while all we got was one decent season out of Zach Littell and he’s gone now. Whoops!

Odo had his first start for Houston tonight.

Jake Odorizzi was rocked for five runs over 3 1/3 innings on Tuesday in a loss to the Tigers.
Odorizzi coughed up a whopping seven hits, including a solo homer to Akil Baddoo and two-run blasts to Nomar Mazara and Renato Nunez,

Akil Baddoo takes no prisoners!