• Create Account

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morneau can be a bit robotic but he’s a good analyst and a hard worker. I’ll take that over the clownish antics and outdated analysis of a certain previous color guy.   Robotic can be fixed. Justin is

Morneau is as close to perfect as there is IMO. I don't need over the top, grouchy, arrogant know it all, talk down to me like I don't know, stupid comparisons, etc. I don't feel he needs to speak up

I think Morneau's charm is his flat delivery and also, he does have humor, you just have to have to listen for it because he's so monotone. I personally love it. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla

(Paul Allen) would make Gilbert Gottfried seem understated.  I think he has a decent radio voice, if he would just tone it done he would be a lot more bearable.

While I haven't been inside Canterbury for over 30 years I remember hearing recordings of him calling races there. I thought his vocal skills worked well in that setting.

Morneau can be a bit robotic but he’s a good analyst and a hard worker. I’ll take that over the clownish antics and outdated analysis of a certain previous color guy.

Robotic can be fixed. Justin is already much more conversational than he was two years ago.

Disagree with your analysis. To me Bert was not clownish but humorous. And I don’t agree that Morneau’s robotic style can be fixed. You can’t change personality. 

Some on TD have convinced me that Gladden is okay doing color. The issue is that he's so BAD in his three innings of play-by-play that it's hard to give him a break during the other innings.

Good point. He sounds like he is sleepwalking when he is the only one in the booth.

I really like Morneau, but Hawkins is the best guy they bring up there.  I feel like a three man booth with those guys would be ideal.  Hawkins will bring the conversation out of Justin and bring the energy and Morneau will continue to give really good analysis.

Hawkins is a genius. I am surprised we never heard about how smart he is when he was playing for the Twins.