• Create Account
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the two biggest issues on this roster right now are doubts about the kicking game and pass rush correct?   I actually like where the line is at for the first time in a long time.  Or at least I hav

I am generally a fan of this FO, but their drunken bender of extensions last year made zero sense then and even less sense now.

Posted Images

I'm pretty shocked at all the usable vets the team has been able to bring in. I hope their experience makes it easy to mesh and it's not one of those situations where there's too many fresh faces who are going to have a lot of adjusting to do before they're compatible. I think it will be the first option though.

Anyone know what the Vikings vaccination percentage is? Because that's what they have to get to work on next. I think the teams that have the lifted restrictions are going to be way more in sync than those that still have to distance, mask up, travel separately and test daily. I'll bet there will be a noticeable correlation between a team's vaccination percentage and win percentage this year.

8 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

I'm pretty shocked at all the usable vets the team has been able to bring in. I hope their experience makes it easy to mesh and it's not one of those situations where there's too many fresh faces who are going to have a lot of adjusting to do before they're compatible. I think it will be the first option though.

Anyone know what the Vikings vaccination percentage is? Because that's what they have to get to work on next. I think the teams that have the lifted restrictions are going to be way more in sync than those that still have to distance, mask up, travel separately and test daily. I'll bet there will be a noticeable correlation between a team's vaccination percentage and win percentage this year.

I've read they're under 50%... I'll have to double-check my source, as that seems very low...

On 6/14/2021 at 8:43 PM, Danchat said:

I did see that, just not sure if that's a flat $18M bonus that hits in 2022? His original cap hit in 2022 is $17.75M, which adding the restructure ($3.73M) and the bonus puts it at a ridiculous $39M, almost as much as Kirk's ludicrous $45M cap hit. I imagine that bonus will be spread over multiple years if accepted.

They've went with 5 DTs for the past couple years, so I wouldn't put it past them to go 5 again this year. Watts probably makes the team with Lynch & Twyman fighting for the final spot, with the other going to the PS.

Yes. 5DT. No problem. But Watts actuallyshows real potential. Lynch was rather disappointing as a rookie, but also has real potential and was tossed in to a weird season with NO camps or pre-season to develop. Then we draft Twyman late who would have been a 2nd round pick last year if he came out. But sitting out and a poor performance in workouts made him slide.

I'm OK with the Richardson signing because it makes us deeper and better! But from a futures perspective, who from Watts, Lynch and Twyman do you see going unclaimed in order to be part of the PS? I'm thinking we'd be very lucky to keep any cut.

On 6/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, DocBauer said:

Yes. 5DT. No problem. But Watts actuallyshows real potential. Lynch was rather disappointing as a rookie, but also has real potential and was tossed in to a weird season with NO camps or pre-season to develop. Then we draft Twyman late who would have been a 2nd round pick last year if he came out. But sitting out and a poor performance in workouts made him slide.

I'm OK with the Richardson signing because it makes us deeper and better! But from a futures perspective, who from Watts, Lynch and Twyman do you see going unclaimed in order to be part of the PS? I'm thinking we'd be very lucky to keep any cut.

Watts and Lynch would be iffy, but I would guess Twyman clears waivers. Most 6th/7th rounders can clear waivers and make it to practice squads. There will always be exceptions, but if Twyman was thought of more highly he would have gone a round or two higher. Last year all 6 of our 6th & 7th rounders cleared waivers, though Twyman is probably better than all of them.

1 hour ago, Danchat said:

Watts and Lynch would be iffy, but I would guess Twyman clears waivers. Most 6th/7th rounders can clear waivers and make it to practice squads. There will always be exceptions, but if Twyman was thought of more highly he would have gone a round or two higher. Last year all 6 of our 6th & 7th rounders cleared waivers, though Twyman is probably better than all of them.

I get you 100%! But other teams have scouts and, presumably, they are competent. Watts has shown flashes and some projection. Lynch was largely a disappointment, but is only in his 2nd year. Twyman opting out and then getting overweight and blowing his testing is what shoved him down the board, not his potential or what he did previously.

Look, I am all about the Vikings building the best defense and DL they can! I'm just worried that if everyone is healthy, in shape, and working with Patterson with actual camps and pre-season that we are going to lose a quality DT to someone with real potential. And I just hate losing young talent.

19 minutes ago, DocBauer said:

I get you 100%! But other teams have scouts and, presumably, they are competent. Watts has shown flashes and some projection. Lynch was largely a disappointment, but is only in his 2nd year. Twyman opting out and then getting overweight and blowing his testing is what shoved him down the board, not his potential or what he did previously.

Look, I am all about the Vikings building the best defense and DL they can! I'm just worried that if everyone is healthy, in shape, and working with Patterson with actual camps and pre-season that we are going to lose a quality DT to someone with real potential. And I just hate losing young talent.

We can only hope they have so much talent they lose a good player...