• Create Account

Site question: Formatting of comments

Jimv

I noticed when I posted a long comment that the software eliminates any more than one space after periods.  I know that some style manuals are now preferring one space rather than two, but to me, maybe it's the font, but I think that's much harder to read here.  Any option on that?  Thanks.

I noticed when I posted a long comment that the software eliminates any more than one space after periods.  I know that some style manuals are now preferring one space rather than two, but to me, maybe it's the font, but I think that's much harder to read here.  Any option on that?  Thanks.

Greetings, Jimv!

We had a fun discussion about this a couple years ago; here is the thread:

Two spaces after a period

The post that answers your question might be Post 27:

Okay, first, this is a bug I have never been able to fix. The RTE on this site is buggy as **** and it's so embedded into everything that I have no hope of removing it and replacing it with something more adjustable.

Hope that helps. Hope you stick around the threads, regardless of your one-space-two-space or stylebook preferences. 

Edited by Hosken Bombo Disco

Greetings, Jimv!

We had a fun discussion about this a couple years ago; here is the thread:

Two spaces after a period

The post that answers your question might be Post 27:

Hope that helps. Hope you stick around the threads, regardless of your one-space-two-space or stylebook preferences. 

Thanks.    That's certainly a comprehensive response!