Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Ozzie Guillen

denarded

Was on Chicago Sports talk radio this morning  and was asked what surprised him about The Twins. He said he's never seen them make so many errors and mental mistakes. His second take was "Why does anybody pitch to Nelson Cruz?" Ozzie is great

He probably should have stopped at "I've never seen them" because the Twins lead the league in fewest errors this season.

I would say that the series seemed to have as much overall bad and sloppy play by both teams and bad and sloppy umpiring as any series between two contenders that I can recall. Other than the final result of two wins out of three, it wasn't the most enjoyable series to watch. 

He probably should have stopped at "I've never seen them" because the Twins lead the league in fewest errors this season.

Seemed to me he was referring to one game/ series, this one, and not a season. Just like when Cruz strikes out 4 times in one game, one might say...."I've never seen Cruz look so bad at the plate" ...... because they usually see him rake. Same thing. Take the Sox hate away, and one can hear things in perspective. The Twins, since the losing streak, and blowing the simple triple play, have looked uncharateristically error prone, whether an error is scored or not. It has nothing to do with the "ya but" comparison to the White Sox, who also were very "error" prone. Kind of even a compliment, as it is not expected of the Twins by Ozzie.

Man Ozzie was/is great. As much as i hate any Chicago sports team that dude, with his passion for the game and his competitive desire is an all time great IMHO. If we would have had him instead of Gardenhire we would have maybe won 3-4 championships in that era. It wont happen I know but Ozzie should be in the HOF. (I'm not entirely sure that he isnt already)