Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Would you attend a game right now?

SomeGuy

I was holding out hope that MLB would follow what AEW and WWE are now doing; having backstage employees in the arena so there were some bodies in the seats and noise. With gameday staff likely not-needed (and in one of the plans even getting as specific as saying the mascots would not be allowed on the field) I thought it would be helpful to seat some ushers and other employees around the stadium, scattered. Twins and many teams had paid the April salaries (at least) of these employees, so it would be another way of helping those employees as well.

If a season started today, the Rangers and Astros would be able to fill their stadiums to 50% capacity.  If Minnesota had that same policy (impossible as it may be), would you attend the game?

Nope, but not because of Covid, because right now I am worried abut MPLS leaders getting on the same page as the police. But this talk of defunding them has me more concerned.

Living in Wisconsin AKA the “Wild Wild East”. I am 99.999% that isn’t possible, but I cling to that .001% chance that it is possible.

I would need a couple months evidence that it’s working, before I went, and no way in hell would I bring my kids. Looks like 2021 at best before I can realistically think of catching a game at the park.

As others have stated, I would be a wait and see type of approach. Although, when/if tickets went on sale would be when the rubber hit the road and if I could back the talk. I might purchase immediately and be there for that new opening day, I think there is a good chance I would just buy and attend.

Probably not, frankly I think we should avoid large gatherings when possible. I'd watch on TV though.

That said, with all the distance measuring in place, we're still all touching the same melons and oranges at the grocery store, people are out handing menus back and forth to waitstaff, and heck old ladies are probably exchanging fabric patterns at JoAnn Fabrics. Regular life just can't be halted and I think we've seen that.

Whether or not we want to admit it, we are still going to be spreading germs. That's why I think it's best to keep those 35,000 seat stadiums empty so we don't push our luck too far.

If it was an 80deg beautiful day and the ticket prices reflected the current situation and concessions were reasonably available, I would go to a game for the same reason that people go to Grapefruit League games. I would not go expecting anything of significance to happen. The season is now an exhibition season and the W-L record means nothing.

If it was an 80deg beautiful day and the ticket prices reflected the current situation and concessions were reasonably available, I would go to a game for the same reason that people go to Grapefruit League games. I would not go expecting anything of significance to happen. The season is now an exhibition season and the W-L record means nothing.

Yeah. I went to the Spring Training opener this year - Twins vs. Gophers!

It was the only game I'll see all season in person. And the funny thing is, as meaningless as that game was, it meant way more than anything we'll see moving forward. A 50-game "season" isn't a season. It's worse than a town ball weekend tournament.

With the latest word being that folks with type A blood being possibly more at risk of covid-19, I might be more reluctant to attend a game even with nominal social distancing, than I might have thought a week ago.

Me too. But I have to use the disclaimer that to me responsibly means that I'd never be within 10 feet of anyone other than my immediate family. And it also means disinfecting wipes galore and everyone wears a mask.

As much as I love Target Field and Twins baseball, the game day scenario you paint sounds as much fun as a kick in the crotch. You might be right and I will have to adjust to the 'new normal'.

Covid would be no concern.  At all.

Minneapolis would.  People up there, beginning with local government, have lost their minds.

I am not concerned about COVID-19 as much as I am actually seeing what happened to a city I have loved visiting for years.  Why would I go out of my way to put myself in that situation?

Probably not, frankly I think we should avoid large gatherings when possible. I'd watch on TV though.

That said, with all the distance measuring in place, we're still all touching the same melons and oranges at the grocery store, people are out handing menus back and forth to waitstaff, and heck old ladies are probably exchanging fabric patterns at JoAnn Fabrics. Regular life just can't be halted and I think we've seen that.

Whether or not we want to admit it, we are still going to be spreading germs. That's why I think it's best to keep those 35,000 seat stadiums empty so we don't push our luck too far.

Ummmmmm.  Yeah (to the underlined)