Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Ex-Twins in 2020

Doctor Wu

Schoop and Cron both signed with the Tigers.

20+ home run hitters on the worst team in MLB.

It's going to be interesting to see how that pans out.

Will they be as good with Detroit as they were with us?

(BTW as I type this ads for the Cleveland Indians are coming up. Why???)

They now have the most home runs on the Tigers, obviously.

The Tigers home run leader had 15 home runs. What happened to them?

Cron and Schoop joined Gardy in Detroit. 

Liam Hendriks turned into a bullpen stud with the A's.

Pressley still at the back end of the Astro's pen.

Aaron Hicks still in NY pin stripes.

***Martin Perez in Boston.***

Maybe this is our revenge for them mucking around with Graterol.

I’m sad Brian Dozier hasn’t found a team yet. He’s probably at the minor league + ST invite stage of his career and maybe that’s the issue.

Too bad for Dozier that he wasn't a free agent a year sooner. He didn't get much last year with Washington and this year ... well, like you said, good luck!

Shocked to see that Parmalee is still hanging in there. I assume Joe Benson is long gone? And whatever happened to Oswaldo Arcia?

Joe Benson is listed as a free agent, but only has MiLB stats to 2015. My guess is he hasn’t done the retirement paperwork yet

Oswaldo Arica is still playing in the Mexican Leagues

Brian Dozier signed a minor league deal with San Diego and is invited to Spring Training. Dozier will have to compete with eternal prospect Jurickson Profar at second, with Profar having positional flexibility. 

He's not the player he was, but I'm still surprised he didn't land another guaranteed 1 year deal. Last year was pretty okay.

Schoop and Cron both signed with the Tigers.

20+ home run hitters on the worst team in MLB.

It's going to be interesting to see how that pans out.

Will they be as good with Detroit as they were with us?

(BTW as I type this ads for the Cleveland Indians are coming up. Why???)

They now have the most home runs on the Tigers, obviously.

The Tigers home run leader had 15 home runs. What happened to them?

Maybe they can help Detroit beat Cleveland once or twice this year :)

He's not the player he was, but I'm still surprised he didn't land another guaranteed 1 year deal. Last year was pretty okay.

Minor league deal... 2.2M if he makes the club. 

Add Dozier to the pile. 

The pile of Twins players who played every day for us and shortly after leaving the Twins, ran into a hard time finding work.  

Minor league deal... 2.2M if he makes the club.

Add Dozier to the pile.

The pile of Twins players who played every day for us and shortly after leaving the Twins, ran into a hard time finding work.

IDK, Dozier didn't do that bad realistically. So he hit 20 homeruns last year. But he only got 400 AB's. With the Twins he regularly got 600 AB's because he hit leadoff. So translate last year into 600 AB's and he hits 30 HRs which sounds like a great season? So it just comes down to PT, the more of it you get, often the better your season looks. Hope he does well where ever he ends up.

IDK, Dozier didn't do that bad realistically. So he hit 20 homeruns last year. But he only got 400 AB's. With the Twins he regularly got 600 AB's because he hit leadoff. So translate last year into 600 AB's and he hits 30 HRs which sounds like a great season? So it just comes down to PT, the more of it you get, often the better your season looks. Hope he does well where ever he ends up.

That's kinda my point. We give them playing time and once they leave they dont get playing time from other teams and they end up with minor league deals shortly afterwards.

They go from indespensible with us to immediately dispensable with the other 29 teams.

It's not a knock against Dozier. It's a knock against the organization because we produced and counted on players that end up with little value to others.

His OPS last year was .771.

Five years ago that would have been good for an OPS+ of 115 (15% better than league average).

Last year it was 6% below league average.

He didn't get more playing time because he didn't deserve it. I think it's often underestimated just how much the offensive environment has changed.