Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Kohl Stewart to Baltimore

AZTwin

If there's an organization where a pitcher has a chance to advance it's Baltimore. Wouldn't surprise me for him to be in their starting rotation for most of 2020.

Yeah its a good spot for him.  And a really good pay day.  Im surprised he got that much to be honest.  I didn't think rookies or first year players made that much.

Yeah its a good spot for him. And a really good pay day. Im surprised he got that much to be honest. I didn't think rookies or first year players made that much.

Can’t edit this so just replying... I think this goes to show how deep our system truly is and how much baseball values our players. We should value our players just as much and ask for fair trades in any offer given this value

Stewart another in a long line of Terry Ryan regime draft fiascos. #4 in 2013 and Twins get zippo ROI.
Highly likely Stewart is just another AAA+ pitcher and nothing more. Thanks for nothing Terry.

Say for the purpose for future complaints If Stewart becomes a number 4 starter in Baltimore does it become a Falvey Fiasco or a Levine Loser, One could go first names a Derek Dump,  a Thad Thud. There is a fine line between 

Can’t edit this so just replying... I think this goes to show how deep our system truly is and how much baseball values our players. We should value our players just as much and ask for fair trades in any offer given this value

agreed and to add, it shows the value of starting pitching and a more accurate depiction of market based pay compared to capped and arbitrated salaries the way the system is designed today.

Good for Kohl!

To clarify, the $800K is not guaranteed, per this article: https://www.camdenchat.com/2019/12/29/21041435/orioles-news-kohl-stewart-contract

"MASN’s Roch Kubatko reported that Stewart is receiving a split contract from the O’s, which will pay him $800,000 if he is on the MLB team. That means that the Orioles will be able to option Stewart to the minors and keep him there for either depth or development purposes."

That was a bad draft.  Judge and Bellinger and a bunch of mediocrities. 

Sure the Twins could had traded him 3-4 seasons ago and gotten something more worthwhile for the $4.5M they spent in signing him....

He did okay for an 18 year old kid with some talent, but a chronic health condition.