Get to know each other

Twins Daily on Social Media  

146 members have voted

1. 1. I follow Twins Daily on...

• Twitter
    • Facebook
    • Both
    • Neither

I feel it ... although not lifelong in Chicago, been here long enough that the natives accept me as native. You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl ... forever a Twins fan, much to some of my friends' eye-rolling consternation.

Did I ever tell the story of when Kenny Williams used to live in my building, and had a parking spot next to mine? When I discovered that, that's when I put the Twins sticker on my car. Not sure if he ever noticed it.

It doesn't matter if he noticed.  It's the act of defiance that counts.

I was at home on 9/11, with the radio turned on.   They were talking about the hitchhiked airplanes, when live on the radio, they reported the first airplane to hit the Twin Towers.   At that point, I was clear about what was happening, and I immediately hung my American flag outside.   I knew the odds of a terrorist seeing it, or even caring about what was happening in Minneapolis, was incredibly slim, but it didn't matter.   It was the only way I knew to publically give them a middle finger.   I don't mean to equate terrorism and baseball competition in any way.   But in matters large and small, sometimes you just have to plant your flag and make your position public.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An opinion also held by Mrs Chief.

I did this once about 2-3 years ago, but it was during the offseason and well, it's been a long time ago... Let's get to know each other a little bit... Who are the Twins Daily readers and contributor

Aww, you're no fun anymore.   SSN: 471-03-3412   Credit card number: 4273 3499 2309 4612

1.) Where are you from? Grew up in Jamestown, ND. Avid Twins fan growing up. Lived in the Twin's Cities from 87-95 and attended both World Series victories. Have lived in Seattle since 95, but still avid Twins fan.

2.) Age Range? 55

3.) What brought you to Twins Daily? Don't remember.

4.) Highest level of baseball/softball played? 9th grade, Babe Ruth.

5.) Favorite Twins Player, and favorite underappreciated Twins player, and if you want, favorite current Twins player? Rod Carew and Kirby Puckett. Underappreciated - Brad Radke. Current - Jose Berrios.

6.) Favorite non-Twins Daily site/authors? mlb.com

7.) Favorite Twitter follows? Don't do twitter

8.) Other interests outside of baseball. Hiking, camping, my son's little league

9.) Favorite part of Twins Daily... Minor league information. The sense of community.

• 1 month later...