Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Jason Castro not on 60 day DL?

darin617

Did I miss something and see Jason Castro is just on the 10 day DL even though they have said he is out for th season after his surgery?

Or are they just biding their time and will make the move once they find another catcher to add to the roster. Bobby Wilson can go back to Rochester for team depth.

It is common practice to not move someone already on the DL to the 60 day DL unless and until a 40 man roster spot is needed. This move would most likely be made in conjunction with a player being also added to the 25 man roster.

There is no pressing need at this time to make room for another player. All current minor league players are protected until the end of the season. If a random player is added now and later down the line a trade or another move is needed, you risk exposing that player to waivers unnecessarily.

I am not pushing for the Twins to bring up anyone from their farm system.

I don't want them to overpay in a trade for either J.T. Realmuto or Wilson Ramos right now. Hope they can be patient and make a deal that makes sense.

I'm sure the Twins have received trade offers from many teams already. 

I am not pushing for the Twins to bring up anyone from their farm system.

I don't want them to overpay in a trade for either J.T. Realmuto or Wilson Ramos right now. Hope they can be patient and make a deal that makes sense.

I'm sure the Twins have received trade offers from many teams already. 

Overpay already. Do you think the Brewers regret overpaying for Yelich? The Astros for Cole?

He'd be here for 2.75 years, minimum.

Lucroy is on a one year contract with Oakland. Likely a lottery ticket or two from A ball would do it.

I was going to include him as well. Oakland will deal him once they get a deal they like. They are not getting past Houston and don't have a real shot at contending for a wild card spot.