Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Current TV, regardless the year


Vanimal46
 Share

40 minutes ago, nicksaviking said:

I did three episodes of Foundation. As noted here, the third was a huge turnoff.

So far the show has given no reason to pay attention to the characters in the future timeline. I assume that's what you're referencing Mike?

I think I'm going to call it a wrap on this show. I thought I was going to really get into this, but it looks destined to alternately frustrate and bore me. If I get back into it, it will be because Jared Harris is great as usual. 

It's fine. Not my favorite, not the worst show. I really enjoy the Empire characters, but the rest are just plain boring. I have not watched EP 10 yet.....but ya, that's what I'm talking about.

Wheel of Time was good so far. Unless you love the book and hate changes, of course, in which case, get a life.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2021 at 4:41 PM, Mike Sixel said:

It's fine. Not my favorite, not the worst show. I really enjoy the Empire characters, but the rest are just plain boring. I have not watched EP 10 yet.....but ya, that's what I'm talking about.

Wheel of Time was good so far. Unless you love the book and hate changes, of course, in which case, get a life.....

Outside of LoTR when I was a kid and The Dark Tower, I never got into fantasy series. So I’m free from most source material prejudices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2021 at 8:20 AM, Brock Beauchamp said:

I'm 1.5 episodes through Foundation (had to stop suddenly) and I'm super-impressed. The production value is through the stratosphere and while it's not a direct translation of the novel - which is nigh impossible anyway - it feels true to the vibe of the story and I'm really into it.

Apple TV+ is kinda killing it. I rolled my eyes when Apple announced the service but they've quietly become one of the highest-quality streaming services available. 

Indeed Apple is killing it. In the other thread I was debating if Apple+ was going to get the axe. I’m glad I haven’t yet.

really liking Invasion. Looking forward to Finch and Shrink Next Door

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2021 at 12:29 AM, Mike Sixel said:

As disappointing as foundation is, wheel of time just gets better every episode.

And we are laughing a lot with mythic quest. 

I really like morning show, but they bit off so much in year two. 

I have to check out Wheel of Time. I might wait until the full season is out and see if my son is interested too. 

Mythic Quest was great. I was surprised they were brining it back for a third season; I kind of thought it was intentionally wrapping up.

We like The Morning Show, but we didn't realize we'd finished season 2 already. The final episode wasn't nearly as revelatory as the writers probably thought it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2021 at 12:29 AM, Mike Sixel said:

As disappointing as foundation is, wheel of time just gets better every episode.

And we are laughing a lot with mythic quest. 

I really like morning show, but they bit off so much in year two. 

I’m a few episodes in on Wheel of Time and agree, it just keeps getting better. I read eye of the world in the early 90s but didn’t get through all 6 (let alone however many there are now) I really enjoyed Eye, but don’t have a sharp recollection of a book I read 30 years ago. This probably helps my enjoyment… really good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 2:33 PM, Brock Beauchamp said:

Witcher s2 had me until the last episode, which was both boring and threw the rest of the season sideways and not in a good way.

Still worth a watch if you liked s1 but don’t get your hopes too high for the end. 

The shpw has mostly failed on the promise it has.  Watchable but it feels lacking.

Curious....without spoilers...what went sideways for you in the finale?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TheLeviathan said:

The shpw has mostly failed on the promise it has.  Watchable but it feels lacking.

Curious....without spoilers...what went sideways for you in the finale?

The conflict dragged on without ever being in doubt and the show is increasingly trying to be Game of Thrones. The final scene ruined a bunch of what came before it, as it made no sense for the final reveal to have killed the child while it made all the sense in the world for the Baba Yaga character to have done it. Also, the Witcher battle looked to have real sacrifice involved but the stakes turned out to be zero and everyone walked away.

I don’t mind the over-arching story but felt the show worked much better using the monster of the week format.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

The conflict dragged on without ever being in doubt and the show is increasingly trying to be Game of Thrones. The final scene ruined a bunch of what came before it, as it made no sense for the final reveal to have killed the child while it made all the sense in the world for the Baba Yaga character to have done it. Also, the Witcher battle looked to have real sacrifice involved but the stakes turned out to be zero and everyone walked away.

I don’t mind the over-arching story but felt the show worked much better using the monster of the week format.

Yeah, a lot of faceless (intended) nobodies were the only consequences.  There was also some sort of lesson the Witchers learned but that didn't land either.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We must have been watching a different Witcher, because I loved it. Pretty sure multiple witchers died, so I don't get your point there at all, unless only main characters dying matters. 

Didn't he kill the child to kill the hope of the elves? That makes perfect sense to me. 

I was bored with monster of the week. These characters are so much more developed than those in Wheel of Time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mike Sixel said:

We must have been watching a different Witcher, because I loved it. Pretty sure multiple witchers died, so I don't get your point there at all, unless only main characters dying matters. 

Didn't he kill the child to kill the hope of the elves? That makes perfect sense to me. 

I was bored with monster of the week. These characters are so much more developed than those in Wheel of Time. 

Nameless grunt Witchers don't really matter much.  Parts of the show were great, it has elements of being really good, but it just doesn't totally land for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, Mike Sixel said:

We must have been watching a different Witcher, because I loved it. Pretty sure multiple witchers died, so I don't get your point there at all, unless only main characters dying matters. 

Without looking, name even one of the characters that died.

Which means the sacrifice wasn't significant.

On 1/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, Mike Sixel said:

Didn't he kill the child to kill the hope of the elves? That makes perfect sense to me. 

Sure, it made sense, but what *actually happened on screen* made it appear Baba Yaga set up the elf to give birth, then took her baby to free herself from prison by triggering an massive grief event on an epic scale, which makes way more sense than what ended up happening. I thought that was actually a really clever way for the demon to free herself and I was into it. Having that sucked away (never mind Baba Yaga's completely punchless return to her domain) felt like the show was knee-capping itself and making the story worse every minute events continued to unfold on-screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike Sixel said:

That Moonknight trailer is amazing. 

It looks like Oscar Isaac is totally throwing himself into the role.  It could be bonkers.

Marvel is setting up a supernatural/scary wing of their universe with Dane Whitman, Blade, Moon Knight, etc.  That could lead to some seriously good stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...