Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins Vs. Red Socks, 6/11 @ 1:10pm CT

Community Moderator

Why do the Twins seem to do so little cool stuff?? They didn't double steal. They didn't bunt to advance the runners. All the stuff they don't do adds up to a lot of nothing!

Personally, if Nunez had bunted, with one out, I'd have reached through the internet and strangled him.

Personally, if Nunez had bunted, with one out, I'd have reached through the internet and strangled him.

But see, I had a plan! Nunez bunts down the third base line, Kepler breaks early for third base, but instead of sliding, he keeps running through the bag. Third baseman fields and fires to first. Kepler scores on a shockingly aggressive play. Fun times!

Oh, and I forgot about Buxton. He rounds third when Kepler is half way home. On the bad throw to home, Buxton scores, too! Yahoo!

Edited by jimbo92107

Terry grew hair and a stache? :)

You're used to the public Terry Ryan.  In the office he wears a rug and fake 'stache, but word has it he looks more like Tim Conway's Mr. Tudball than he does like the late Jimmie Doohan.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/81/1347048907_3.jpg

I volunteer to feebly pretend to try to break it up... "Oh dear.   Stop Chief.  You're going to kill him, especially if you keep at it for another 15 seconds, and get that thumb right on top of the artery."

Edited by LaBombo

Why is it that if dozier or nunez or escobar pooches a play its ok heaven forbid arcia didnt make a play and its the end of the world..... and is ragged on by bert and dick.....if they dont like him try and dfa him and watch a team pick him up and he goes on to bat 250 with 30hrs a year

Community Moderator

OF defense doesn't matter......

That's the thing, though, Mike.  Arcia dropping that ball had little or nothing to do with outfield defense.

It wasn't range...he got there.  It wasn't a throwing issue.  

The ball hit him in the glove, and fell out.  What are you going to do about that?  He could stand out there and shag balls till October and not have a simlar one drop.  

Why is it that if dozier or nunez or escobar pooches a play its ok heaven forbid arcia didnt make a play and its the end of the world..... and is ragged on by bert and dick.....if they dont like him try and dfa him and watch a team pick him up and he goes on to bat 250 with 30hrs a year

Dozier has been particularly bad at second this year. A very disinterested look on defense!

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.