Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Arcia

Arcia is one of my favourite players, so very happy to see the strides he has made this year - just hoping he can maintain it over an extended period. If he could get back to being the controlled hitter we saw as a young player in the minors, rather than the swing-for-the-fences-every-AB player from last year, he has the potential to be a cornerstone of this team.

With the strides Arcia has made, the regression of Rosario is less problematic. Arcia seems to have improved in all areas--better at-bats, more focused in the field and on the bases and quicker. He probably will never be a good defender, but he's been satisfactory according to my old amateur eyes.

He's definately made progress but still has a ways to go to be a consistent major leaguer.

He's just passable in the outfield and a big all or nothing at the plate even after some Commendable changes.

Provisional Member

Someone please make a gif of his bicycle kick to Santana tonight and post it in this thread.
Thanks.

His face plant on that hit should dispel any fantasies about his fielding.

Verified Member

His face plant on that hit should dispel any fantasies about his fielding.

In his defense, that ball left the bat at trillion miles per hour.  He may have been distracted by the sonic boom.  When it left the bat, I was surprised it dove.  That ball was up around the shoulders and somehow Jones generated top spin on it.  I also would give him a break if he just saw the pitcher, the pitch, and the swing and just assumed the ball was leaving the park.

Edited by Jham

Lots to like in this thread. Patience, and good coaching, those are key with young players. I was afraid the Twins were gonna dump and run on Arcia, and am glad to see some success this season due to, well, patience and coaching. The dude just turned 25 this week, so there is plenty of reason for optimism.