Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Arcia

In my honest opinion it is time to bring him up and let him figure it all out at the MLB level, Sick up seeing Robinson out there in left.  Just my feelings, I know he is struggling in AAA but its time to see if he will sink or swim.

You mean the guy in AAA hitting .154/.175/.212?

551383205_dr_evil_right_thumb_xlarge.jpe

In my honest opinion it is time to bring him up and let him figure it all out at the MLB level, Sick up seeing Robinson out there in left.  Just my feelings, I know he is struggling in AAA but its time to see if he will sink or swim.

I have been saying it for awhile. Not sure how this is even debatable. I could not care less about what Arcia is hitting in AAA in the first place.

Needless shot at Shane Robinson who has hit pretty darn well and definitely contributed so far this year.  We're not where we are without Robinson and Nunez proving how vital depth and versatility is in back up position players.  Arcia was my favorite player last year, but he has to be better than Robinson before I want to see him  play more than Robinson.  

For the time being you'll be seeing Rosario in left. What I don't want to see is Arcia flipping his bat over his head after a strikeout. When he's grown up enough, then he can be in the Show again.

I could care less how grown up he is as long as he's flipping his bat after a HR.

I'm concerned about his offensive development, his maturity is his parents problem.

Edited by nicksaviking

Arcia will not get playing time at the major league level. Molitor does not play his bench players as often as Gardenhire did. The bench players under Molitor are there to provide a day off for the starters, not to play as often as the starters. If Arcia is to have any future with this Twins team he needs playing time which he is only going to get at AAA.

Rosario is the current left field starter. He provides better defense and is currently batting significantly better than Arcia. Robinson is the back up playing sparingly.

As much as I want to see Arcia's good bat (not the one he has right now) in the Twins lineup  and have him work on his main issues at the ML level, I think more time in the minors might just be a good thing to make him realize what it takes to earn a call up and then stay up. A call up now would just seem like a free pass, like he's entitled to it.

If your lack of fielding ability makes you a defensive liability, and your lack of offensive production makes you an offensive liability, I have no time for you.

Fair enough but let's not forget we're talking about a 24 year old who has a track record of hitting. If you never had any time for young players who struggled, you probably wouldn't have any left.........and a lot of time on your hands.

Provisional Member

Arcia doesnt deserve to be promoted.  Rosario has been superb in the field and his hitting is getting alot better. I am all for Rosario staying in LF until Arcia is can actually prove he can field and hit like ML baseball player. I am a huge Rosario supporter.  He seems he actually wants to learn and play better. Robinson has played exactly how you want a 4th OF play.  Like most people has said.

I'm with most of the commenters. Arcia should stay in the minors, at least until he finds his swing and maybe longer. Still, I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He's young and has the potential to be a left-handed power threat in the future. 

Fair enough but let's not forget we're talking about a 24 year old who has a track record of hitting. If you never had any time for young players who struggled, you probably wouldn't have any left.........and a lot of time on your hands.

He doesn't have a "track record of hitting".  When you throw him a cookie, he can hit a home run.  Other than that, the only consistent "track record" he has is striking out a lot and playing bad defense. 

I hope he is successful for the Twins as much as anybody else but it may not happen and we can't be blind to that.

He doesn't have a "track record of hitting".  When you throw him a cookie, he can hit a home run.  Other than that, the only consistent "track record" he has is striking out a lot and playing bad defense. 

I hope he is successful for the Twins as much as anybody else but it may not happen and we can't be blind to that.

What!? The guy has a career .916 OPS in the minors in over 1800 PA's. So many people are quick to dismiss him this year despite him being injured and having only 57 PA's in AAA, wtf? 

Arcia has hit at every level he has played at, he needs time to figure it out at the ML level after he gets his groove back in Rochester. 

Also fair.    But I guess my point is that Arcia is such a bad outfielder, that if he's not hitting, he's not contributing.    If you're gonna be that one-dimensional as a player, whatever that one dimension that you may bring better outweigh all the other negatives in your game.    So far this year with the Twins, Arcia's offense hasn't been nearly enough of a "compensating factor" to off-set his horrible outfield play.   

Old-Timey Member

Moving forward (2016) I think Rosario and Buxton more or less have two of the starting 3 OF spots locked up. At that point I think it comes down to arcia vs Hicks for the third. May the best man win.

I would like that platoon - especially if Arcia also gets some additional starts at DH and Hicks every once in a great while would play in the corner opposite from Arcia to give Rosario a breath or in CF to give Buxton a rare day off (even Super Humans might not play all 162).  

I really hope the Twins don't give up on Arcia, I think he's got better days ahead.

I would say that Arcia has a track record of being able to be pitched to. The holes in his swing have been exploited by good pitchers. He can hit a mistake a long way. A lot of hitters start out that way, but IMHO Arcia has not gotten to the point where he can close up the holes in his swing.

In the Majors, in less than 1000 PA's, at 24. I agree with you but once he gets going in Rochester is that where he is going to close up those holes, or does he just keep getting by on hitting mediocre pitching without having to close them?

Also fair.    But I guess my point is that Arcia is such a bad outfielder, that if he's not hitting, he's not contributing.    If you're gonna be that one-dimensional as a player, whatever that one dimension that you may bring better outweigh all the other negatives in your game.    So far this year with the Twins, Arcia's offense hasn't been nearly enough of a "compensating factor" to off-set his horrible outfield play.   

And even if Arcia can either improve his negatives or regain dominance with his positive (power), he might be our 4th or 5th best MLB outfielder. And right now, he's probably the third best outfielder in Rochester.