Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Article: Minnesota Twins Day 2 Draft Picks (Rounds 3-10)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll be in the minority but I love the Twins draft.

Big time arms

I'm with you, I like the Twins draft for the most part except for the Clay pick. It'll be a really nice draft if both Cederoth and Curtiss can make it as starters. If not, then we're going to have a hell of a bullpen in a few years!

I'm with you, I like the Twins draft for the most part except for the Clay pick. It'll be a really nice draft if both Cederoth and Curtiss can make it as starters. If not, then we're going to have a hell of a bullpen in a few years!

Yep, they can join Bullock, Tootle, Bard, Chargois....

Round7

[TABLE=class: play, width: 970]

[TR=class: playerlistlarge none drafted]

[TD=class: playername]Cutura, Andro[/TD]

[TD=class: school]Southeastern Louisiana University (LA)[/TD]

[TD=class: position]RHP[/TD]

[TD=class: batsthrows]R/R[/TD]

[TD=class: class, align: center]JR[/TD]

[TD=class: comments]6'0" 195lbs DOB: 08/22/93[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

As a redraft though, he has to give permission to the team to pick him again. Can't see that happening.

wasn't suggesting we'd re-draft him, only that the 5th round money he signs for this year won't differ significantly from what we offered last year.

Wow, surprise. Another college RHP

[TABLE=class: play, width: 970]

[TR=class: playerlistlarge full drafted]

[TD=class: playername]Steele, Keaton[/TD]

[TD=class: school]Missouri (MO)[/TD]

[TD=class: position]RHP[/TD]

[TD=class: batsthrows]R/R[/TD]

[TD=class: class, align: center]SR[/TD]

[TD=class: comments]6'3" 225lbs DOB: 10/30/91 | http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/components/events/draft/y2012/draftcaster/images/vid_icon.pngScouting videoSteele missed his first college season in 2011 with rotator-cuff and labrum tears in his shoulder that required surgery. He came back the next year to win Most Outstanding Player honor at the Junior College World Series. Steele helped Iowa Western capture its second national title, hitting a go-ahead two-run homer and earning a save in the championship game. In his first season at Missouri in 2013, he was the only NCAA Division I player to lead his team in homers, wins and saves, and he has focused mostly on pitching this spring. When he's at his best, Steele works at 91-93 mph and touches 96 with a heavy fastball, flashing a plus slider with good tilt at 84-85 mph. At other times, he pitches with an 88-91 mph fastball and a flatter slider in the upper 70s. He has a strong, athletic frame and earns praise for his control and his competitiveness. Moved into the Tigers' rotation for the final three weeks of the season, Steele responded with two complete games and pitched into the ninth inning of his third outing. He has a chance to start in pro ball, though he'll need a better changeup in that role. After graduating as a redshirt junior with a degree in sociology, he's expected to sign after turning down the Rays as a 29th-rounder in 2012 and the Royals as a 40th-rounder last year.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have no doubt whatsoever that in a few years the twins "braintrust" will regret this draft. What an absolute joke. I don't care that I don't have eyes on these players like the scouts, I don't need to. Drafting relief arm after relief arm after relief arm is folly and well see the excellent players we could have gotten come up with smarter teams in the years to come.