Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Wednesday Night Twins Minor League Game Notes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...ague-Game-Notes

#2 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...

#3 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,308 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it :)
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#4 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,909 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it :)

Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.

I like the walks this year, but his K/PA matters more to me, and now it's a scary number.

#6 Madre Dos

Madre Dos

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...

He will be fine. Remember, he won't be 19 until next month. I was more worried about his errors - but that looks alot better than last season.