A couple things to keep in mind:
1. [trolling comment deleted]
2. It was obvious the FO lost confidence in him. Cripes Dave St Peter blasted him at the Twins Daily event and he usually finds good things to say about everyone.
3. Worley's performance proved he is roster filler at this point. He can be replaced by just about anyone in the organization or off the street. Why not try someone new? Its not like is someone got hurt they were ever going to call him up.
4. He likely asked for the trade. While the Twins FO might be one of the worst in professional sports from just about every measure, the one thing they are not is petty. They aren't going to keep a guy they don't value against his wishes just because they can. They should get credit for that.
5. Maybe they have their eye on someone else's roster to take the spot in Rochester through a trade or waiver pick up.
In the end there was something odd about Worley the entire time he was here. Part of me thinks he was damaged goods coming over from Philadelphia. You don't go from being a promising young pitcher doing it in the majors to honestly maybe being the worst pitcher in the league in 6 months. Injury would be the most likely cause of that quick decline. The initial injury probably happened before he came over from Philadelphia.
Maybe a new start with a new club helps him. Wouldn't be the first time a player got better after leaving the team.
Edited by ashburyjohn, 27 March 2014 - 10:49 AM.
remove trolling comment