Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Minor leagues Results

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Where can I find the daily box scores for the various Twin minor league teams? Neither MLB. com or MILB seem to have them. Trying to find out how our prospects are doing this spring.

#2 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

You got to eyeball the prospects to see how they are doing :)

They do not keep score in Minor League games and sometimes irregular things happen, like the other day, when Aaron Hicks did not play the field but was hitting second in every frame for the Twins AA team.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#3 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,735 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

baseball-reference.com has Spring stat totals for players, right on their main player page. And you can find these total also for the full team via a link on their main page, namely:

http://www.baseball-.../MIN/2014.shtml

I don't recall whether I've run across a repository of individual game boxscores, but maybe the above is more what you want anyway.

This is only for the major league ST games, not the minor league games on the back fields. But those stats are suspect anyway (as Thrylos said while I was composing this) because of the loose nature of those games - another example is an inning may come to a halt with men on base because the team's pitcher reached his pitch count limit.

#4 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Thanks. The stuff you learns when ya goes to da right places. It's really appreciated by a newbie that's never been to spring training.

#5 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Where can I find the daily box scores for the various Twin minor league teams? Neither MLB. com or MILB seem to have them. Trying to find out how our prospects are doing this spring.

Just an FYI, when the games start, there will be a daily thread in this forum on them.