Marlins: SP Kevin Slowey
Things to Think About:
1. Think About Kevin Slowey... OK that's enough thinking about him. He used to be a Twin... He's not now.
2. Think about Stretching Out... It's gotta be closer to the time when starters start going a little longer to get ready for those 100 pitch outings in the regular season. I noticed Corbin for the D-Backs threw quite a few innings yesterday. The D-Backs and Dodgers timeline is probably a little more advanced because they are starting in Australia early this year.
3. Think about Stanton... Not in the Lineup... He's fun to watch. We won't be watching him.
4. Think about Power... The Twins are not exactly hitting the ball out of the park this spring. Willingham... Plouffe... Kubel... Arcia are all in the lineup today batting 4 through 7 in the lineup. While it's only spring training... Those 4 have combined for 88 Spring Training At Bats and have produced a total of 2 dingers. Are these 4 going to provide exceptional defense or speed? I don't think so... I think they need to hit the ball out of the park at least 20 times a piece this year. I'll keep telling myself it's only Spring Training.
5. Think about my friends son... I was talking on the phone with a friend of mine. It had been awhile since we talked and in the process of catching up. He told me that his 22 year old son had gotten divorced two years ago after two years of marriage with one small child. Looking for a fresh start from a bad breakup... His son moved to California and was struggling to make ends meet with his financial support payments. He had taken a side job working on a parsley farm and was getting by until the ex-wife heard about the extra income. He was just recently informed that wages from that side job would be garnished.
I started laughing and my friend didn't understand why I started laughing. Garnish is a real possibility... If you work with parsley.
Edited by Riverbrian, 16 March 2014 - 09:57 AM.