- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 05:40 PM
- My supplementary website
Today, 12:44 PM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 10:55 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 10:54 AM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Today, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Today, 06:15 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 01:03 AM
- Article: Pro Bowl Shuts Out Vikings
Yesterday, 11:28 PM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Yesterday, 12:00 PM
Berardino: Rosario will report late to minor league camp (excused absence)
Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:00 PM
[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]
Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:18 PM
It's too early to tell if he's going to be one of those guys with an ongoing tendency to self-destruct, but he's waving a big red flag. Makes me glad we have Dozier and Polanco around.
The Twins said that Polanco will be used as a shortstop going on (and this is great news), so he is not 2B depth unless something happens
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:50 PM
Why the Twins would consider using Polanco at shortstop only escapes me, doesn't that restrict their options in the middle infield severely?
They already know he can play 2B at a high level, now they are going to try for a home run and see if he can play SS.
Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:19 PM
Berardino's "source with knowledge of the situation"? One source, unnamed, uncorroborated. Not enough.
You can argue that it's more than a coincidence if you want, but that's jumping to a conclusion in a way that respects neither the player's privacy nor his integrity.
Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:19 AM
As for the cocaine accusation, I thought there were plenty of sources indicating this was something he took while rehabbing. This is new, and hopefully the agent is telling the truth here.